“A year later my second stay”

and 1 more site!
Eskdale Lodge Hotel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Sale
London
“A year later my second stay”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I stayed at the Eskdale Lodge around a year ago and had a lovely stay so re-booked as I was in the area again.

I'm pleased to say that the hotel is just as lovely the second time round, I stayed in the same room as before and they also have a new En-Suite.

The breakfast is fantastic. The hotel offers nice rooms, a lovely atmosphere and two bars that serve food.
Once again I felt completely at home here, and they also allowed me to stay in the bar area with my laptop while awaiting my partner to come back from his studio time.

Wouldn't think twice about staying again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Without any expectations, since I didn't book the stay myself, I was impressed by the over-all experience.

The Eskdale Lodge Hotel is situated in an old big city mansion house, with two pubs inside. It's a bit weird coming in for the first time, walking up through a crowded pub, to check in at the bar while a game of football is on. The hotel has a B&B feeling to it, with no intention to be something it is not.

Check in is quick and rooms are personally shown. Everything is old fashioned but clean. Doors are not your average hotel room doors, but have a simple lock on it. Rooms are relatively small, as they are allocated as normal rooms in a house, nothing like hotel chains that offer standardized rooms and amenities. Rooms don't have airco, but window can be opened. Beds are small but comfortable. Pillows firm. Flat screen tv with digital channels. Free wi-fi. Coffee/tea set with complimentary cookies and bottle of water. Closet and small desk. It's homey.

Bathroom is small, but clean and with all things expected for toiletries. Water taps are separate warm and cold. Mirrors hang low. Shower is also very small. Good water pressure and temperature. A little run-down in some respects, but clean and functional. All details are taken care of. I was pleasantly surprised about the old fashioned neatness.

I stayed in room 8, on the top floor. Window was a bit worn and I had to think of a way to lock it in position. There's a second window shield against cold and noise and it prevents fresh air coming in. For the rest, everything was just fine, except for the neighboring rooms, which were quite noisy. It's a matter of luck having the right neighbors.

The pub is a good place to be. Nice people working there and very efficient. One can eat at the hotel and the menu is quite all right. Serving is quick and efficient, staff is professional and down to earth. I enjoyed eating my dinner while being surrounded by locals watching the football game while drinking their beers.

After a good night sleep, the breakfast was a welcome treat. A small selection for the continental offering, but a proper English breakfast at a reasonable price. Here again, good service and a nice conversation. Straight forward, but very pleasant.

I would stay here again. For the price, this is an excellent value for money. Yes, it is old fashioned, and yes, rooms may be noisy, but the ambiance and family feel totally makes up for that.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
london
Reviewed 6 March 2013 via mobile

An excellent family run hotel, clean, tidy and serves the freshest and nicest English breakfast I have ever had. Ideal place in case one wants to attend and football matches as the tram line is just 10/15 minute walk. Will only stay here from now on but pls book in advance as they have just 9 rooms

• Stayed March 2013
Windermere, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here last night whilst visiting friends. I was just discussing with my friend over coffee how pleasant the Eskdale is and she has urged me to write this review .
We found both the owners and staff to be very friendly and helpful. We stayed in Room 6 which had unexpected little extra touches that you would not expect such as water, sweets, shampoos, shower gels, sewing kit and small but extremely nice well fitted out ensuite. Food last night was excellent and very reasonable, as was the breakfast this morning.
I cannot really comment on others experiences but having read a couple of less than positive reviews on Trip Advisor and wonder if they stayed at the same hotel.
My husband and son have already booked again for in a couple of weeks time as the owner managed to get them tickets for Manchester United – how’s that for service.
Many thanks Grazyna and Garvan and I look forward to meeting you again soon.

Room Tip: Room 6 was a nice double room overlooking the garden
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Farnham
Reviewed 5 February 2013 via mobile

I and a group of friends stayed at the Eskdale last Wendnesday.
I have never found such a friendly hotel and I have stayed in many including some top 5 Star's.
From the moment you arrive to the time you leave you are sure if a pleasant stay.
This time I stayed in room 5, the em suite had just be refurbished to a high standard, free wi-Fi is always appreciated when I am away.
We arrived back about 11.45pm and had a good chat with the owners, they seem to be there from morning to night.
Breakfast is an extra charge but well worth it, hot, well presented and tasty.
Rather stay in Manchester city centre this will now be my home when staying in Manchester.
After all it is only a short walk to the metro and on into Manchester or Old Trafford.

• Stayed January 2013
Norfolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2012

My wife and I have just stayed here for 2 nights so we could go into the city centre to meet old friends for reunions. The welcome at the hotel was very friendly, nothing too much trouble.
The location is a short walk to the main Chester Road for buses or just a little further for the metro trams with a very frequent service on both. We had a superior room and it was a good sized, comfortable room although the bathroom was just a little tired and due redecoration. The breakfast well cooked and ample portion. It really was good but the evening meals even better! We ate before 7pm and had the 2 course 'early bird menu at £9.95 which was excellent. Ample, safe on-site parking was a bonus so we could have a drink (or two) in the friendly bars. Ideal place for a relaxed, city break. Will return again!

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are quieter. Room 2 is a good choice
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
hastings
Reviewed 12 November 2012

very nice guest house, i did not arrive until 20.00 but was greeted and shown to my room, made to feel welcome straight away. there are 2 bars of which i only used the ground floor bar where again i was made welcome by a couple of regulars, beer was great and a good choice available.
The breakfast as mentioned in other reviews is excellent cooked fresh for you well worth the money. and i had an evening meal where i had a vast choice from a great menu and again the food was excellent. i have already booked again. Metro at brooklands is only a 10-15 minute stroll and a Taxi from Stretford was £8

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sale
The Lennox Lea Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester (Sale) Hotel
Belmore Hotel
Belmore Hotel
#7 of 8 in Sale
The Normanhurst Hotel and Restaurant
Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel
Hotel Football Old Trafford

Been to Eskdale Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!