“Perfect for what we wanted”

Eskdale Lodge Hotel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Sale
Chirk, Wales, United Kingdom
“Perfect for what we wanted”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Was a really good small hotel, amazing value for money
Only downside that the bathroom didn't have a bath other than that it was a nice place the staff were very friendly and we had a very comfortable night.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Einstien69

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

This small hotel is very popular so you need to book as early as you can to get a good room. The charge is for room only and you pay extra for breakfast. The rooms are well equipped with tea and coffee facilities. The first room we had for two nights was no 1 which was a good size (a bit more expensive) and was quiet away from the road overlooking the garden. It was spacious and clean with a shower over a bath. There are ample toiletries in the bathroom. I would book this room again. However as the hotel was fully booked, (we had been warned of this when we booked) we had to move to room 9 (cheaper) for the next two nights which is an attic room at the back. It has two single beds. This room 9 was well furnished and clean but small with a very small bathroom with walls that needed redecorating. I would not want to stay in this room again.
The breakfast is excellent. Dinner was equally as good. I would eat here again.
My only complaint about the hotel was that I was cold but when asked they did turn on the heating for us.

Room Tip: Room 1 is spacious. Room 9 is small. Both rooms are at the back of the hotel and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed on business, it was perfect as its outside the city centre. Plenty of parking but I did stay during the week.

The rooms are functional but comfortable. The bar area is friendly, shame I have given up drink.

I ate there in the evening, it is pub food with not a great vegetarian selection. The breakfast was really good (again no veggie sausages).

• Stayed September 2013
Camberley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Stayed one night after delivering my son to university. Based in a quiet residential area of Manchester. Comfortable rooms with tea, coffee and biscuits along with welcoming staff make this a recommended and reasonably priced hotel.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Slough, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

We booked this hotel for our visit to Old Trafford. We stayed for two nights in a family room, with one double, two singles and one put you up bed. The staff were lovely and welcoming, although the hotel could have benefited from a more obvious reception area, as we didn't realise to start with that we needed to check in at the bar. We ate in the restaurant the first night and had a great meal (we were at a football match the second night, or we would have definitely eaten there again). Breakfast both mornings was also first class. Children's meals were available, good quality and good portion size.
The room was clean and well-maintained, but our window opened onto a busy road and the traffic noise did disturb us a little. The location is ideal for a visit to any of Trafford's attractions, so I suppose that's the trade off for a little traffic noise, but had we been staying longer than two nights it might have become an issue with tired, grumpy children.
The only other criticism is although the hotel has a fair sized car park, it quickly filled up with clientele from the busy bar. When we returned from the football match on the second night we had to park in the rubbish bin area, and my husband had to wait till the bar had cleared to move the car at gone midnight. Only a minor issue, but reserved spaces for overnight guests would have been very welcomed as we crawled back exhausted after a 40 minute wait to get out of the Old Trafford car park and we just wanted to get the kids to bed.
Overall though a very welcoming, pleasant hotel in an excellent location and with fantastic food.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

We visited the hotel with family who were staying there and said how good the food was, oh boy they were so right. I had the best mushroom stroganoff I ve ever had. The others had gammon which was huge and delicious , we left very clean plates. Sadly we couldn't manage any pudding!
This is such good value for money,the service was great, nice dining area and a really happy atmosphere. Try it soon, we ll be back for more .

Room Tip: My family say the rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Liverpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I stayed here for one night in August. I chose Eskdale lodge as it was close to a function I attended and was very reasonably priced ( £44 for an ensuite room)
I received a phone call from the proprietor prior to checking in to enquire about my estimated arrival time. The room was clean - kettle - flat screen tv - nice collection of toiletries - I didn't eat here but a full menu was available. The bar was busy as the football was on - parking was available onsite and off road. If in the area I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sale
The Lennox Lea Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester (Sale) Hotel
Belmore Hotel
Belmore Hotel
#6 of 8 in Sale
The Normanhurst Hotel and Restaurant
BEST WESTERN Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel
Hotel Football Old Trafford

Been to Eskdale Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!