“Great service, excellent food and rooms OK”

Eskdale Lodge Hotel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Sale
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great service, excellent food and rooms OK”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Staff were excellent in accommodating a last minute booking of a room and dinner for 4. The Lodge is very popular both as a restaurant and bar, the food was very good and the service excellent, despite being busy we didn't have to wait between courses nor were we rushed, we had a lovely time. The room was well equipped with good tv, drinks etc., and a recently modernised bathroom. For me personally, the bed was a little on the hard side. Breakfast was excellent. All in all I could not have asked for more from the staff.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back of the hotel probably get less traffic noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We arrived on a very busy June evening (the England vs Uruguay match was on TV). Although the hotel was very busy with non residents as well as residents watching the football, all the staff made us feel very much at home.
The family room we were in had a superb, tasteful very modern bathroom, although the bedroom still retains all its Victorian features.
It was very well equipped with tea / coffee making facilities and a large Samsung flat screen TV on the wall.
The restaurant had good decor and the food was excellent and fairly priced. Breakfast catering was very good in that you had a choice of Continental / small breakfast or full English and was appropriately charged for.
We had a great stay & look forward to staying there again.I'm very happy to recommend.this hotel to all and I would also like to thank the owners and staff for running a great hotel - Thank you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank David B
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Me and my partner stayed here last night as he had an interview in the school just around the corner. Booked the basic twin room which was lovely but was kindly upgraded to a bigger room that was available!! Lovely cosy pub style hotel All staff very friendly and the cooked breakfast in the morning was really nice!! Would definetely recommend, bar and restaurant looked really busy when we arrived so evening food must also be nice!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kristina C
EskdaleLodge, Owner at Eskdale Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a nice positive review. I hope your partner got the job!
It really does make my day when I read that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us. I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Binghamton, New York
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I'm in Sale several times a year as my Mum lives there, and I invariably drag friends with me and Eskdale Lodge is where I have put them all up! Great staff, family run, awesome pub inside with a great heated smoking area for those of us with the filthy habit! I really love this place. All my newbie friends get a nice sense of English village life, food, and the local folk, without sacrificing comfort. My only suggestion is since we always arrive at the crack of dawn, early check in would be brilliant!

Jill Amara

Room Tip: Any room is a good one....
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you Jill for taking the time to leave such a nice review. I'm so glad that you enjoy staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
In regards to check in, if you contact us directly prior to booking we always try our utmost to accommodate an early arrival.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here fri 30 may room was clean spacious and had everthing you need the staff was very very freindly breakfast was outstanding and the staff could not do enough for you everything from checking in to checking out run smooth the owner should be proud of themselves and of there staff thank you for a wonderfull stay would highlley recomend

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mike S
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a kind review. It really does make my day when I read that guests have enjoyed everything that we have to offer.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Eskdale Lodge.

Sussex
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We booked Eskdale a few months ago as we had a wedding to attend in Manchester on 26th May - I called the hotel and spoke to Garvan who was very nice and secured the booking etc. We booked to stay on 24th and 25th May. The reason we selected the hotel was because it was close to friends and family who lived in Sale. I have to admit because of the low price we paid for the room I was not expecting much - HOW SURPRISED I WAS!!! When we arrived we were greeted by 2 lovely ladies and the check in took approx 3 minutes!! It was stress free and after a long drive was just what we needed! We checked in and stayed in room number 2 – It was clean and had everything we needed – The bathroom was dated but there was a sign up saying they were in the middle of refurbishment – there had been a new ceiling etc with LED lights. The fact is the room had comfy beds (With duvets!), tea and coffee, TV, shower bath toilet, towels, toiletries, storage space, mirrors – we were pleasantly surprised by the standard of the room for the money we paid. We then ordered dinner in the restaurant – IT WAS ONE OF THE NICEST MEALS I HAVE EVER TASTED!! I have been to Michelin star Restaurants, but this food was to die for, We had Thai Ribs, Leek and potato Soup, followed by Chicken Madras and they catered for my little boy with Fish Goujons , wedges and peas, my husband had Pasta Arrabiata and that was amazing too! The meal was well priced and the presentation of all the dishes was really like you would receive at the IVY in London. I cannot fault this hotel at all, the staff are so friendly and you can really tell they want to be there, even at 7.30 in the morning when we had breakfast! They all went that extra mile to make our stay great. The night of the wedding we stayed in a 4 star hotel 2 miles away (This was where the wedding was being held), I have to be honest it wasn’t a patch on the service we received at Eskdale and it was double the price!!! This will be a regular hotel for us in the future!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Iloveholidays34
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review. And, my word, I could not have put it better myself! You'll be glad to hear that , now that my tiler is back to full health, the bathroom in Room 2 is finally done, and is looking very smart if I do say so myself.
I've passed your compliments onto our chef, but I was a bit late. He had already read your review and was glowing from it.
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Kind regards,
Sale
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My friend booked a birthday meal for around 20 people at the Esdale Lodge Hotel.
We were shown into a private room, where the service and the food were all excellent.
Would highly recommend.
Didn't actually stay overnight, therefore cannot comment on the rooms etc.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank elliegib
EskdaleLodge, Owner at Eskdale Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to make this review. I am so happy that you had a good time and that everything was to your liking. I will pass your compliments on to our chefs, bar and waiting staff.
The restaurant is open from Monday to Saturday 5.30 - 9.30pm, with all our food freshly prepared and cooked to order. Feel free to come back and enjoy our food anytime.

Garvan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sale
The Lennox Lea Hotel
Belmore Hotel
Belmore Hotel
#7 of 8 in Sale
The Normanhurst Hotel and Restaurant
Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel
Travelodge Altrincham Central
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - TRAFFORDCITY

Been to Eskdale Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!