“Nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Vida

Vida
Ranked #8 of 118 Restaurants in Sale
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice food”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Went on a birthday party of 14 , were well looked after and the place was very busy , all the food arrived together , starters then mains so there was no waiting for individual dishes ,only quibble was that when the mains arrived the plates were amazingly hot so had to be careful , all in all would recomend .

Visited August 2014
Michael G, Owner at Vida, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Glad you enjoyed your time with us and we delivered all your expectations, as you can expect it can be a challenge, to deliver all the food at the same time for a big party, when everything is cooked how it should be.

I apologise about the hot plates, as I know this should be the case for some dishes as they come from the oven such as Lasagne dishes. Yet if the plates are hot I would expect the staff to inform you of this when placing the plate, so there are no nasty surprises. I will ensure this happens in the future, if this did not happen on this occasion.

Thanks a lot for visiting and hope to see you again soon.

Greater Manchester
“Well worth the upgrade”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is the first time we have visited Vida since its upgrade from D'vinci . It is clear that a lot of time and money has been spent transforming it into a charming restuarant and bar. Although not cheap the food is superb and the portions generous. Our old friend 'John' is still the manager but it is now owned by his family and not the Spanish consortium who held it for years.
We where very pleased to be able to choose any 2 from a choice of vegetables and salads, gone is the slightly sad dish over veg served with every main course in the past.
Decor is bright, light and tasteful.

Well done to the whole team behind it.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank tonykf
Michael G, Owner at Vida, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for kind words and glad to see that you visited the redesigned restaurant.
Stockport, United Kingdom
“great food shame about the noise”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Read reviews on TA and booked a table for 8pm on a Saturday night. The restaurant has been revamped and the décor is very nice. Ordered food which arrived quickly and was piping hot and was really lovely and delicious. Now the down side.... the noise which was appalling. Firstly the music that was being played was far too loud and the tables had been crammed next to each other. During the revamp a light well has been placed in the middle of the ceiling which I am guessing might be adding to the noise echoing round the place. My friend and I had to shout in order to hear each other and I had to ask the waiter to repeat himself as I couldn't hear what he was saying. My advice is if you are booking for a large party then this is the place but if you want authentic Italian ambience and or a romantic evening then forget it and go next door, cant vouch for the food but I stuck my head in on the way out and it was lovely and quiet. It really is a shame the noise spoilt the evening as the food was really good.

Visited August 2014
Michael G, Manager at Vida, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for your comments. I am happy that you really enjoyed the food. We have been working hard with the new menu to provide good quality food including using from the start of Vida Taylors butchers in Sale. It is a shame that it was noisy on this evening. I think the combination of a busy Saturday night and having a few parties eating resulted in a level of noise that was not acceptable for you. However, I hope that you will try us again; if you are coming into the restaurant next time, then if you call up or let our staff know we can look to try and place you in the quieter areas of the restaurant. We will only be too happy to help.
Swinton, United Kingdom
“Totally fabulous!!!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend have been here twice since they refurbished the place. We went in February for valentines day and my boyfriend asked the chef if he would mind serving a dish that wasn't on the menu as it is my favourite. They had no problem with this and it was delicious! When we returned for our anniversary in May, they remembered us and the dish I loved and again served it with no problem and it was just perfect! The food, the staff, the atmosphere is all just lovely and I would eat there every night of the week if I could! ;)

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Raychael W
Michael G, Owner at Vida, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for your comments. As we make everything fresh and homemade this gives us the flexibility to tweak dishes, on occasion if the customer requires. If you are sat near the pass, you will also see them cooking your dish.

We have tried hard to create a warm feeling in the restaurant and I am happy to hear that you approve.

Look forward to seeing you soon.
“Good!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Just popped in for a drink, nice place. Great staff I have to say, friendly and attentive, nice to be able to have a drink somewhere that's not a bar. Would love to see some bar nibbles with drinks, and the cocktails need to be looked at - but otherwise its great and will be back.