“ok food slow deliveries”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Kamble

Kamble
Ranked #61 of 83 Restaurants in Billericay
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
London, United Kingdom
“ok food slow deliveries”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

food can be a little hit and miss but id say 7/10 times they get it right, service/delivery can be a little slow but I can live with that

Visited May 2014

Billericay
“Waited for an hour and 20 mins!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Ordered our food and was told it would be 30-45mins and after an hour it had still not arrived. I was told they were just around the corner so 10mins later I then tried to call cancel the order and they did not pick up! I had to refuse the delivery driver when he arrived 1hr and 20mins after we had ordered out food. I wouldn't mind but we only ordered a couple of dishes and no-one bothered to call to say they were running late! Will not use again

Visited May 2014
1 Thank claire k
Kamble_Billericay, Manager at Kamble, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
I apologise for the bad experience you had at Kamble, I am not aware of any orders being 1hr 20 minutes late and no one calling you back with an update of your delivery. If you inbox me at kamble.billericay@btinternet.com with details of the date, time and address of your order, I will investigate this for you and will give you a satisfactory response.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Good little takeaway”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Have eaten from here many a time, and the food is still very good, vast menu, plenty to choose from.
Fresh cooked and always hot.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Stanmore18
Billericay, United Kingdom
“Much improved”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My daughter ordered a takeaway last night 12th April and I must say I was very impressed. I don't know if they have a new chef but the food has greatly improved. I shall buy from here again!

• Visited April 2014
“Worst Chinese in Billericay”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

As someone who has spent three years living in China, I know what to expect from a good Chinese restaurant. Kamble's food falls incredibly short of anything near that level.

My brother ordered Chinese for the family on Friday night, and I forgot to tell him not to order for Kambles based on my previous experience. We were told delivery would take an hour, but ended on taking an hour and a half. Leaving us very hungry.

Appearance wise, the food doesn't look great. Kong Pao Chicken is one of my favourite dishes in China and it is a pretty difficult dish to make, but on looking at this dish I could tell they made it with about 5 ingredients. The chicken pieces are huge, the onions are absolutely massive and undercooked. This dish shouldn't even have onions! Also, the who dish was incredibly red, like it had been soaked in a sweet and sour sauce for ages. There was also large pieces of chili throughout the dish in order to make this very dull dish flavoursome, but ended up being too overpowering!

The other food was also poor quality and it just doesn't taste of anything at all. People who say that Kambles is their favourite Chinese, I would advise you to check out other authentic Chinese restaurants. I know I may be spoilt by having spent such a long time in China, but I have had delicious authentic food in England and Kambles isn't on that list.

• Visited March 2014
5 Thank Pooooeeeeeey
Kamble_Billericay, Owner at Kamble, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thanks for your negative feedback, As you have lived in China for 3 years, I sure that makes you an expert in Chinese food, I think not! How can you be so ignorant! You say Kung Po Chicken doesn't have onions in them, Coming from an expert who has lived in china for 3 years you would obviously know better than me.
I cannot believe that you have waited for One and half hrs for your food, If you give me your address I can check exactly how long your delivery was. Ohh by the way we are a take away and not a restaurant.