Barleylands Farm and Craft Village
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews tractor ride bouncy pillow reptile house soft play play barn glass blowing annual pass biscuits barleylands farm feeding the animals go karts indoor play tea room shooting area entry price lamb bird show
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Nice place, very clean, however very pricey! We visited during Oct half term, thankfully it was a lovely sunny day and we could be outside a bonus as the indoor soft play area is small, very small and was uncomfortably busy, approx 20 (max) small tables. Once you’v seen the farm animals (we arrived just after lunch, we bought animal feed but most of the animals werent interested, i suspect they were full from the many visitors passing through earlier) there is not much left to see, there are outdoor play areas but these do not justify and are not worthy of the entrance fee, the reptile centre has what you’d expect but realistically takes 10 mins to tour, the museum of farm machinery again 10 mins tops to tour, there was a Birds of prey display which is fab for adults & older children to watch but didnt really engage the 2 & 7 year olds with us. As it was Halloween week all ‘full paying’ children received a pumpkin as they left, my sister had purchased a family ticket which meant her children hadnt paid ‘full price’ and werent entitled to a pumpkin, poor show!

Over all i was pretty disappointed, its a shame because potentially this could be a fab day out, I am not local, my sister is, she feels bad for recommending, she thought there was far more going on here, sadly, she wont be revisiting with her Grandchildren and will not be recommending, we both like to support local businesses but feel Barleylands is poor value for money!

Date of experience: October 2018
WeAreBarleylands, Public Relations Manager at Barleylands Farm and Craft Village, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review and to share your feedback with us. We’re so sorry you didn’t enjoy your visit. We would be interested in talking to you more about your recent experiences at Barleylands, and would be grateful if you could email customerservices@barleylands.co.uk.

Reviewed 25 October 2018

Took my grand daughter in the school break. She really enjoyed it and I thought it was value for money. My only criticism is there should be staff supervising the play areas. There was big kids running around knocking the smaller ones over ..it was hectic in both indoor areas . There was kids in the indoor soft play with no socks on which is not usually aloud, so supervision would be good in the holidays when the farm is full. Other than that the animals were all looking happy and we had a lovely day with friends. I would recommend Barleylands.

Date of experience: October 2018

Thank you for your review and for recommending us. We’re delighted you enjoyed your visit and felt it was value for money too. We take all feedback on board to continue to improve our services and do ask that children are supervised at all times and adhere to our Rules of Play to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit for all.

Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

The park has a different feel at this time of year. There is a bit less going on, but there are some advantages to an autumn visit. Our snake encounter was excellent as my daughter actually got to touch the corn snake which didn't happen in summer when it was busier. I did miss the longer bird display and sheep racing that we enjoyed in summer.

Date of experience: October 2018

Thank you for sharing your review. We love this time of year on the farm, there’s lots of seasonal activities to enjoy. Make the most of our Seasonal Sale – with a 1/3 of all weekday tickets this November at the tills and online. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Nothing like the big nationally renowned show elsewhere but still enjoyable despite being overpriced for what was on offer.
Cons - Entry on gate £14 plus £2.50 for an inaccurate programme and food vans charging over the odds for ordinary fayre, eg £7 ish for pulled pork in a cheap bap.
Then bizarrely you had a couple of double glazing stands which were totally out of place. The textile stand listed in the programme showing about weaving never made it to Essex. So I was wandering a bit aimlessly between arena events.
Pros - excellent show about working dogs used by police and another with gun dogs and birds of prey. These two events saved the day for me as they were stunning and obviously a lot of effort, training and love went into these. There were also heavy horses and Shetland ponies, shooting and angling displays. I suppose I should mention there were plenty of loos as that’s important for some people.
But I can only mark as average as I expected a more genuine country atmosphere and more relevant and quality stands for the admission fee.

Date of experience: October 2018
WeAreBarleylands, Public Relations Manager at Barleylands Farm and Craft Village, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Thank you for leaving your review. Although the Essex Game and County Fair took place on our showground, it was not organised by us. We will pass on your feedback to the organisers but if you wanted to contact them directly you can do so via their website http://essexgameandcountryfair.co.uk/contact-us/

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

I have been coming here for some time and the only reason I go is mainly for convenience plus the Tiptree tea room there is lovely. The actual farm park is in need of some TLC and the playbarn is dirty, lacking in atmosphere and is cold in winter so I don’t plan on going there much.

I was greeted upon arrival to the farm park by a receptionist telling me if I didn’t have my annual pass then I may be refused entry in future despite the fact that they have a photo of me and details of who I am on their computer system. They are not the greatest in terms of customer services and there are so many other places in Essex that are so much better.

Date of experience: September 2018

Thank you for leaving your review. Our reception staff are always on hand to help our visitors. As part of our pass terms and conditions we ask visitors to bring their Annual Passes, this helps keep queues short and means you have longer to enjoy the farm. We’ve been making improvements to our play barn following visitor feedback, and recently added new seating and flooring. We are always looking to improve the offering within the Farm Park and would welcome any further feedback you have. This can be emailed to jenny@barleylands.co.uk