“Rude-Sarcastic Waiter RE Gourmet Society Card.”
Review of Indian Ruchi

Indian Ruchi
Ranked #43 of 85 Restaurants in Billericay
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited Indian Ruchi last night for a quick bite to eat, having only visited on Saturday we are good customers and spend a lot of money with them on both takeaways and eat ins. The waiters are always rude and abrupt and there is one waiter who thinks he is really funny but his sense of humour is just rude! The waiter took our drinks order where we ordered 2 cokes and 2 tap waters he stood there and laughed and said why tap water! Where I stated I was thirsty and he walked. He returned with the two "flat" cokes and missed out the waters! We then had to restate that we wanted water where he tried to make a joke walked away and eventually got them! Was like a days work. Eventually our food came where I said no onions dished up with my chicken tikka from the hot plate please where again he was smug and laughed yet still proceeded to dish up the onions. Despite asking me if I like onions and I said yes but not too many so no thank you! The food was okay -however served on cheap plastic cold plates. Whilst we finished up our mains one of the staff began to clean the kitchen door with a wet wipe right in front of us this made me feel abit sick. Seeings as it was midweek and they promote their 2-4-1 deal on gourmet society (similar to taste card) we thought we would make the most of this offer and save a few pennies. When joining Gourmet Society you are provided with a membership number and a pass code to access the iPhone app. As they have now gone green and digital you no longer receive a card through the post but instead have a digital membership card on screen in the app. Which in all other restaurants we just show the waitress or waiter and they note down our membership code. We call the waiter over & ask for the bill stating we would like to use our gourmet society card the waiter walks away to his boss and side kick.. Where we could hear them concocting a response. He returns with another waiter who was unbelievably rude and obnoxious and stated they wanted a hard copy of our card to qualify for discount- where I began to explain to them that they do not send you one anymore and it's digital as are most things in 2014. The 2nd waiter just said no hard copy only and walked away whilst I was still talking to him and trying to explain and the other would not hear me out and continued to worm his way out of us saving on our bill. Both very dismissive and would not listen. Why advertise on a website and lure people in to dine with you for 2/4/1 and then not honour your offer. They were probably trying to sponge as much as they could from us seeings as we were the only people dining at 8pm!!! I was really shocked at how unhelpful and persistently rude they were to us. Con artists- I say we stick to our old faithful Royal tiger in future. Very disappointing! Will not be returning in a hurry- they need a lesson in customer service and info on the gourmet society offer entitlement.

3  Thank Stadam
TheSmarterDiner, Guest Relations Manager at Indian Ruchi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Stradam, the restaurant owners and management are concerned about your review. Firstly, accept our apologies, we are going to talk this through with the staff concerned, to that aim I would invite you to add any further comments that you feel would help the owners by direct messaging me as soon as possible to enable us to get on top of this straight away. With thanks Steve

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We are new to the town and picked this restaurant pretty much randomly! It was excellent however and have been a few times now. It will definately become a regular! The food is very good, reasonably priced and there is a really good buzzy friendly atmosphere in the place. One of the best currys we have had anywhere. Highly recommended.

TheSmarterDiner, Public Relations Manager at Indian Ruchi, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Welcome to Billericay and thank you both visiting and your kind words here on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to meet new customers and a greater one when customers become friends of Indian Ruchi, we hope you continue to return and look forward to seeing you soon.

With thanks

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We visited the restaurant with friends and were disappointed as it seemed to lack atmosphere and warmth. The food was nice but I have eaten better. Our friends love the restaurant and are frequent visitors so we may have been unfortunate with our visit on this occassion.

1  Thank Vickytrainer49

Thank you Vickytrainer49 for taking the time to add your review of your recent visit.

The team at Indian Ruchi have recently been focusing on our food and menus to ensure our customers enjoy a great meal each and every time they visit. We are keen to learn more about improving the atmosphere, especially on the colder winter nights. We are planning to discuss this over the next week and would welcome any ideas or suggestions that you may have and invite you to message this direct to us using the link below.

With thanks

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We went in for the sunday buffett and it was very good, but the restaurant was empty. Was a shame as could have done with some atmosphere.
One of the members of staff did not stop talking to us whilst we were trying to eat, I know he was just being polite, but it was a little too much. Food very good though.

1  Thank gemma617

Thank you gemma617 for taking the time to add your review of your recent visit.

The restaurant has been much busier lately and Sunday evenings seem to be becoming more popular here and at other restaurants in the town. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have eaten in all the Indians in billericay,this is by far the best.
Great food and great service.

1  Thank bagelbyte
TheSmarterDiner, Guest Relations Manager at Indian Ruchi, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to add your review, we strive to achieve top marks always and are delighted you enjoyed your evening with us. Hoping we'll see you again soon. Team Blue Chutney.