“A lovely meal, in a vibrant atmosphere”
Review of Indian Ruchi

Indian Ruchi
Ranked #34 of 85 Restaurants in Billericay
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“A lovely meal, in a vibrant atmosphere”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

The restaurant was busy when we arrived, which was amazing as its set in a high street full of eateries!
We soon found out why... The food is lovely, plentiful and very reasonably priced. We were served by the owners and their team. They never stop wandering the room to make sure everyone has everything they need.

Visited March 2014

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“No redeeming features”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Looking for a new curry venue in Billericay we came across the comments on Trip Advisor for Ruchi and decided to give it a go. It went wrong from the start when I booked the table as whoever took the booking had no conversational abilities whatsoever and managed nothing more than a series of grunts down the phone. I even joked to my friends at the time that I didn't even know if we actually had a booking because it had been such hard work. We turned up on the night bang on time and it transpired they had already given our table away - we overheard them talking about it! Luckily (or not as it transpired) another table became free. It must have taken 10 minutes just to get the menus and then our waiter for the night took the drinks orders having been asked twice. This was obviously an inconvenience for him and we had to repeat ourselves several times to be understood - it was only 4 drinks(!) - and I had to ask twice for him to take our food order. We then had the audacity to order more drinks a little later and that really was obviously the last straw for him and he came back with the wrong order anyway. The only time all night he was even remotely polite was when we were paying the bill and joked about adding more money on as a tip. He got nothing which is a first for us. Anyone who is that unhappy in their job should find another profession and certainly shouldn't work with the public. The food was adequate but nothing to write home about. Maybe we just picked the wrong night but the restaurant was packed and the noise levels were excruciating. There were 3 larger tables where the men in particular had obviously had plenty to drink and felt it was hilarious to shout loudly at each other making it a generally very unpleasant experience for those in the vicinity. At times our conversation stopped because we simply couldn't hear each other and had to wait for a lull in the shouting matches elsewhere. Not management's fault I admit. Anyway, myself and my friends have nothing positive to say about this place and my recommendation to Trip Advisor readers is to find somewhere else to eat.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank 603Frankie1965
Essex, England
“First Visit”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Read the review below, I was eating in the restaurant as well at that time ! I really enjoyed the food. Affy the waiter was very friendly and helpful when choosing our dishes . Yes I agree another waiter came across as abrupt but I put that down to not understanding our sense of humour. A really lovely evening good atmosphere, the food was great and good value for money. I would return again with my friends. Thank you

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank SueEssex44
TheSmarterDiner, Guest Relations Manager at Indian Ruchi, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Thank you SueEssex44 for writing your TA review. We really appreciated your positive comments and value the later comments, these will be discussed with the restaurant staff and management.
We hope to see you again soon. Steve
“Rude-Sarcastic Waiter RE Gourmet Society Card.”
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited Indian Ruchi last night for a quick bite to eat, having only visited on Saturday we are good customers and spend a lot of money with them on both takeaways and eat ins. The waiters are always rude and abrupt and there is one waiter who thinks he is really funny but his sense of humour is just rude! The waiter took our drinks order where we ordered 2 cokes and 2 tap waters he stood there and laughed and said why tap water! Where I stated I was thirsty and he walked. He returned with the two "flat" cokes and missed out the waters! We then had to restate that we wanted water where he tried to make a joke walked away and eventually got them! Was like a days work. Eventually our food came where I said no onions dished up with my chicken tikka from the hot plate please where again he was smug and laughed yet still proceeded to dish up the onions. Despite asking me if I like onions and I said yes but not too many so no thank you! The food was okay -however served on cheap plastic cold plates. Whilst we finished up our mains one of the staff began to clean the kitchen door with a wet wipe right in front of us this made me feel abit sick. Seeings as it was midweek and they promote their 2-4-1 deal on gourmet society (similar to taste card) we thought we would make the most of this offer and save a few pennies. When joining Gourmet Society you are provided with a membership number and a pass code to access the iPhone app. As they have now gone green and digital you no longer receive a card through the post but instead have a digital membership card on screen in the app. Which in all other restaurants we just show the waitress or waiter and they note down our membership code. We call the waiter over & ask for the bill stating we would like to use our gourmet society card the waiter walks away to his boss and side kick.. Where we could hear them concocting a response. He returns with another waiter who was unbelievably rude and obnoxious and stated they wanted a hard copy of our card to qualify for discount- where I began to explain to them that they do not send you one anymore and it's digital as are most things in 2014. The 2nd waiter just said no hard copy only and walked away whilst I was still talking to him and trying to explain and the other would not hear me out and continued to worm his way out of us saving on our bill. Both very dismissive and would not listen. Why advertise on a website and lure people in to dine with you for 2/4/1 and then not honour your offer. They were probably trying to sponge as much as they could from us seeings as we were the only people dining at 8pm!!! I was really shocked at how unhelpful and persistently rude they were to us. Con artists- I say we stick to our old faithful Royal tiger in future. Very disappointing! Will not be returning in a hurry- they need a lesson in customer service and info on the gourmet society offer entitlement.

3 Thank Stadam
Stradam, the restaurant owners and management are concerned about your review. Firstly, accept our apologies, we are going to talk this through with the staff concerned, to that aim I would invite you to add any further comments that you feel would help the owners by direct messaging me as soon as possible to enable us to get on top of this straight away. With thanks Steve
Billericay, United Kingdom
“Excellent curry”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We are new to the town and picked this restaurant pretty much randomly! It was excellent however and have been a few times now. It will definately become a regular! The food is very good, reasonably priced and there is a really good buzzy friendly atmosphere in the place. One of the best currys we have had anywhere. Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2014
TheSmarterDiner, Public Relations Manager at Indian Ruchi, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Welcome to Billericay and thank you both visiting and your kind words here on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to meet new customers and a greater one when customers become friends of Indian Ruchi, we hope you continue to return and look forward to seeing you soon.

With thanks