“Ok meal, good service”

Feast of Bengal
Ranked #56 of 86 Restaurants in Billericay
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

As a family.of seven adults we have neen to this restaurant a few tines and is thw 'go to' place for take aways. We visited one Saturday in january5 - the servuce was as good as always. While the starters were lovely the mains have been better but the sides were delicious. Lots of choice and many veggie options.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I have eaten in this restaurant once and bought a take away from there also and both times, not good at all.
The first time, myself and my husband were both ill after and the second time (I should have learnt from the first time) - I ordered a mild curry and there was water in the bottom of the container.
I paid for popadoms and there were no sauces in with the takeaway.
I will not be going back for a third time!

2  Thank gemma617
Reviewed 8 September 2013

In our experience a very reliable Indian restaurant with a strong local following. Like most Indian/Chinese restaurants some dishes are better than others. On the whole however the dishes are jolly good. Keep in mind that Billericay has 4 other Indian sit down restaurants and 2/3 more takeaways and yet Feast of Bengal is always very busy- tells its own story I think. The Chicken Dansak it one of the best dishes thay do as is the vegetable Samba. All the basic curries Korma, Madras, Ceylon , Vindaloo are fine and the Naga Curries tastefully hot without being over the top.The Baltis'and Korais' and fragrant and tasty. Maybe romfordgirl should stick to Romford restaurants :-). For the record I eat at Michelin star restaurants, am a good cook with an excellent palate and if a restaurant served bad food I would flag it up and not go there again. However Feast of Bengal Offers very acceptable Indian food and very reasonable prices. I agree that serveice can slow down when they are busy but still recommend you to go along and judge for yourself.

2  Thank JCofEssexUK
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Went with a hi life card for half price on all courses. Actually got a discount for only one dish and even this wasn't the full price of the course as it included rice which apparently isn't part of the deal. Saved £4 - big deal - not !!!

1  Thank gill_collins
Reviewed 27 May 2013

was horrible never had an indian meal so bad. bombay potatoes tasted of marjarine, was vile
will never use again.