“Shock, Horror, Unbelievable”

Ranked #48 of 85 Restaurants in Billericay
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Thursday evening 29th Aug 2014
I ordered a home delivery which took over one hour to reach me,
Special fried rice - virtually floating in oil Soggy, greasy and mouth clinging oil.
Lamb Balti... Sweet, thick sticky sauce and full of currents - Too sickly to eat. Oh the lamb was tender, that was interesting. ,
Chicken Jalfrezi..... Never seen anything like it... 30% chicken! 1% chillies, 69% slimy over cooked stodgy onions! all held together in a greasy and waters almost colourless sauce.
Finally the Sag Aloo .... The top of it was completely dried up, a quick stir revealed a sticky together dried up offering, tasted ok, but would not leave my mouth.
oh yes, two poppadoms, must have been cooked a couple of days ago, nice and soft, but they did have a little crunch. Oh yes, I did finish those as I had to have something to eat !
all the rest went down well....into my garbage bin, I decided it was not good enough to leave out for the foxes either.

Disgruntled local resident. PJ

2  Thank FoodyFreak1951

Reviewed 18 July 2014

nice people but have no idea how to run the place with waiters throwing your knife and fork down and snorting up snot while taking your order

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We received a warm welcome and we were shown to our reserved window table. The service was very friendly and efficient. There is the usual type of menu and the food was tasty and the portions just right for us - sufficient but not too large.

The prices were reasonable and overall this is an Indian restaurant to visit.

1  Thank EssexRichard
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Went here with a group of friends. We all ordered different things but were all agreed that the food was delicious and the service exceptional. The Chicken Pasanda had real depth of flavour and I wanted more when it was finished.

The staff are friendly and really care about customers. We'll definitely be back for more

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Ordered a takeaway on a Saturday night, was told 45-60 min delivery time. It actually took 90 minutes & we were given no apology for it being so late. My husband only ever has a chicken korma & this was by far the worst he has ever had, it was lumpy & curdled & tasted disgusting. We called to complain & ask for it to be collected & the money for it refunded, the man on the phone refused & just offered us money off next time, we will never eat from here again & now after such a long wait my husband is going hungry on Saturday night. It was also very expensive & we got no sauces with the popadams, all in all a pretty disastrous meal, not happy

1  Thank Alders79