“Excellent!”

The Oliver Cromwell Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in March
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I very much enjoyed my stay in the hotel, the staff were polite and the overall vibe was was really friendly! The restaurant had a nice variety of food which was all lovely! I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Have just returned from a lovely week staying at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel. I stay at many hotels due to my job and have returned here on a number of occasions now over the last few years. I always recommend it to my colleagues. The staff are professional and friendly, with nothing being too much trouble. The facilities are excellent and well maintained. The rooms are all well equpped and comfortable and most importantly immaculate!!
Thank you to the staff for another enjoyable stay - i will be back again soon.

2  Thank Tracey E
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Although the rooms were clean, I had to change room due to there being no wifi signal (although advertised as having it throughout) & the bed being like sleeping on broken bricks! There are no fridges in the rooms either & although my second room was marginally better, it still fell far below my expectations for the price that I paid for the room. Overall the food was good, but lacked choice & vegetarian options. Unfortunately the attitude & service from the reception & restaurant staff was very poor, with the exception of a couple of younger staff & the cleaners who were very polite. Having mentioned this to the manager of the hotel, he seemed very dismissive & abrupt. Definitely not a customer focused management team & a place I will not be returning to.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank JC9356
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I booked a room for my grandparents to stay in while they visited the family. They were treated extremely well from the moment they arrived right up until they left. They enjoyed the breakfast, the beds were very comfortable and the rooms were immaculate. My grandad even had a dip in the beautiful swimming pool. Nice friendly staff throughout who went out of their way to make their stay a very pleasant one. They can't wait it come back again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Toadinthehole25
Reviewed 19 June 2014

As a business owner, I stay in various hotels around the world on a regular basis. (at least once a month). the hotels I stay at have various star ratings and are normally on the money... when it comes to this hotel, they are charging a premium rate for a third rate service and facility. from not being able to sort their booking system so people in our group had to stay at other hotels in the area, to the very rude staff and management. when your cleaning staff are more friendly and helpful than your front of house, then you have major problems. if you HAVE to stay in March, there are other hotels & B&Bs that are a lot cheaper and more friendly, If you are thinking of booking in here for a corporate event (run a mile). there are enough hotels around that would be pleased to have your business, (please give it someone more grateful and deserving). AT ALL COSTS AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE....

6  Thank plumbus337
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We held a course here with 14 students, We know it was going wrong when one was booked in 3 times, 4 were booked in twice and the couple didn't get in because the room was booked in someone else name, well it was there name incorrectly typed in.This caused 4 of my students late at night to seek alternative accommodation. Teas and Coffees were ordered but rarely came on time, which on a course is vital for times and my delegates. Then during a lecture the aircon unit fell down and nearly hit the instructor and delegate, the next day I listened intently as the staff implied "we must have tampered with it" luckily we videoed the near miss.
Then they doubled booked the Classroom we had during the 6 day spell, made us clear all our prepared room and equipment, We teach all over the UK,Europe and USA...and never experienced such poor management and service.
This has been a car crash from, bookings, service and very weak management who could only tell the 14 delegates and Instructors they were in the wrong and the hotel staff were good, then tell us that we were not the only ones who had their bookings cocked up, sham!, real sham and the only negative from a great week was the Hotel, Except Moira, who was great company and the only one with a smile . I strongly recommend you keep away from Cambridgeshires version of Fawlty Towers.

5  Thank smiffy773
Reviewed 13 June 2014

If you are looking for a decent place to stay where the staff is friendly polite and helpful then this is the place.

Me and my wife were doing a sky dive locally and looked at a number of local hotels, B&B and motels and this is by far the best.

We got there late and had to leave early and the staff still made arrangements for Dinner and breakfast out of hours. They even let us drink in the bar area until late.

Ample working, good food, clean rooms for the money you pay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Regular_UK_Traveller
Also consider these accommodations in or near March
Little Downham Anchor
Quy Mill Hotel & Spa, Cambridge, BW Premier Collection
Huntingdon Marriott Hotel
Huntingdon Marriott Hotel
#5 of 9 in Huntingdon

Been to The Oliver Cromwell Hotel? Share your experiences!