“Don't sleep in the annexe rooms...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Oliver Cromwell Hotel

The Oliver Cromwell Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in March
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
“Don't sleep in the annexe rooms...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel last year and had a wonderful room with a really comfy bed. The spa area is a nice addition although it closes so early its hard to find time to use it.

This year we were sent to the "annexe" rooms which are small apartments adjacent to the hotel. Purpose-built, they are spacious and private. The bed however was the most uncomfortable I have slept in since I stayed on a canal boat! Really hard bed with hard pillows and slippery sheets. Something else to note, the free WiFi is very intermittent in the annexe rooms.

Breakfast was ok,good selection but as usual with buffets, could be warmer and fresher. I would steer clear of the tea in both bed & dining room though as it is quite unpalatable.

Not bad value for money on the whole, nice staff/service etc and the rooms are clean but we won't be staying in the annexe rooms again!

Room Tip: Sleep in the main hotel, not the annexe rooms.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Mainz, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I am sitting at my table at Pete's inside the hotel. The food was excellent, now fi ishi g with an espresso. Very attentive staff, friendly and accommodating. I had the prawn cocktail, should have taken a pic before I started eating, excellent. The main I chose was not on the menu, fish & chips but was gladly taken care of. I'll be back tomorrow. .....

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
wuustwezel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

we booked this hotel for 4 nights , payed 90 pounds a day for room breakfast and diner , our room was at the back of the hotel, comfortable spacious clean room, we used the swimming pool 1 time, breakfast freshly cooked and if you wanted a scrambled egg instead of the sunny side up no problem , fruits are also available

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
March, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The management and staff here were 5 star, from the first time my daughter visited to enquire about the hotel as a wedding venue, through the organisation and finally the big day. Nothing was too much trouble and where possible made all my daughters dreams come true for her big day. The owners should be extremely proud of all their staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Martin L
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We had to go to March a few weeks ago for a Birthday.So we chose The Oliver Cromwell Hotel.On arrival we took our baggage to our rooms,nice comfortable room a good size.Equipped with tea and coffee making facilities on-suite bathroom/shower.Then went down to the Swimming Pool for a relaxing swim.In the mourning we went to the Restaurant for Breakfast as much as you wanted.If your ever March way it well worth a visit.

Room Tip: No problem all good
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was disappointing the first time we stayed but they have done a great job refurbishing the hotel which is ongoing. Breakfast was freshly cooked and hot and the staff were all very friendly. Would stay again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was my second visit the first I was talked in because my satnav was incorrect, it wasn't this time postcode into satnav took me too high street, Manea.way out, During my stay at the hotel my room was good , clean and well serviced. I felt unwelcome most mornings for breakfast. One morning at breakfast a couple asked to sit at a table of four and not two, this clearly was a upheaval for the dark haired lady serving at breakfast. The young pregnant woman looked uncomfortable as the lady made it obvious the two extra places had to be cleared over the other side of the Resturant before they could be seated. I understand cutlery & crockery needed to be moved and a tray for removal and a little curtesy would have eased the situation. In general food was presented in line with other establishments, however with the conference food there could have been more salad or vegaratrian alternatives. One should not have to state one is a vegaratrian to get a variation. Wifi was not brilliant which was unfortunate for studying. As for administration, when I arrived I had two rooms booked in my name therefore creating a shortage in accomadation and even though I had been there before my name was incorrectly spelt. If I stayed at the hotel again I would be looking to see improvements in the areas mentioned.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near March
Elme Hall Hotel
#13 of 36 in Cambridge
Hippodrome Hotel
Hippodrome Hotel
#2 of 9 in March

Been to The Oliver Cromwell Hotel? Share your experiences!