Lowest prices for your stay
£69
Breakfast included
£74
Get rewarded with One Key
Vio.com
£51
Breakfast included
All reviews good size buffet breakfast school playground toast high street enjoyable stay short stay stayed one night town centre comfy bed balcony signage funeral pubs challenge
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 May 2023

This is the 2nd time we’ve stayed at this hotel for one night while visiting friends and we were extremely pleased with it. The staff last week were so helpful and friendly , Amy the receptionist couldn’t do enough for us and the lovely lady (sorry didn’t get her name) who served our breakfast was so helpful and pleasant. When next visiting the east we will definitely book again.

Room tip: A really good place to stay
Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2023 via mobile

Having to attend a funeral is a sad event, but having to get rooms for 6 people is hard, but the Oliver Cromwell met the challenge.
Our book in time was after the funeral and we needed to change first, so I requested 1 room to be available early, but they arranged for all 3 to be ready. Excellent
The hotel itself, if I may say is a little tired, but the staff were amazing, and so was the breakfast.
The staff went above and beyond in my opinion, including once the funeral had finished we dropped off the cars and asked the girl on the front desk to call me a taxi, yes, you guessed it, straight faced, she looked at me and said, your a taxi. Awesome
As I said, breakfast was awesome, the eat as much as you want kind, very much needed, and check out was a doddle.
We I return to march the Olly Crom will be at the top of my list for hotels to stay at.
I said the hotel looked tired, so what, if you've got staff that go above and beyond, and food that's awesome who cares if the paint work is a little scuffed etc Thank you.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2023

We were booked in to the executive double , we were given our keys to one 9f the rooms in the annexe, was awful, mismatch furniture and grubby. Went to reception and the girl did show us another room , we took that but again was a miss match of furniture, old and dated, bed very uncomfortable. We were disappointed as we paid over 100 for the night no breakfast.
Rooms were nothing like advertised, if we had known we were getting such a shabby room woukd not have booked.
My advice don't stay here!

Room tip: Don't stay here
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2023

I stayed here in preparation for an interview local to the hotel. Finding the hotel was a challenge to say the least.

If you are not coming from the Kings Lynn direction, then I am sure you will see the sign directing you to the hotel. If you are not, then you are stuck as sat navs just dont see it, even with all the road works I had to turn around to find it. The welcome by the hotel staff couldn't be better. Really professional, communicative and helpful.

I couldn't ask for me after a latterly stressful drive trying to find the hotel. I had a ground floor room which was just perfect, easy entrance, good heating controls and thankfully a very comfortable bed, highly recommended. All areas very clean.

Dinner was just what I needed, a great prawn curry with rice and naan bread. It couldn't be better. The breakfasts are pre-cooked and understand why, hot plate though would have helped. For me having hot food on cold plates just doesn't work. I appreciate that having hot or even warm plates is hard to manage, but for the customer it would make difference having potentially warm bacon and beans on a cold plate rather than a very cold one. I would highly recommend staying here. Once you know where it is, it is a good stay.

Things I didnt like are as follows · Please improve the signage on the main road. It is fine as you can see it from one view on the High Street direction, but not the other. Both Google maps and Sat navs just didn't find it. I was almost keen to drive home, approx 180 mins away as I couldn't find the hotel.

Having hot plates for breakfast would make a real difference to the plates being served, cold plates with bacon and beans on toast when the toast is warm isn't great !!

Room tip: Disliked · Please improve the signage on the main road. It is fine if you come from one view on the High Street direction. Breakfasts!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2023

Liked · The room size was fine, with good storage space, but the position of the TV meant ducking out of its way.
The actual breakfast was very good.
Bed was comfy.

Disliked · The bathroom needed a good cleaning.
At breakfast the loaves of bread for the toaster was still in their packets which made handling them difficult, why not put the slices in a basket or on a tray with tongs to pick up.
The plates for the buffet breakfast were cold.
Bed was not made up.