“I want to live in this place!”
Review of Ultracomida

Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Narberth
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I still have all the perfect tastes on my palate since the day I had meal at Ultracomida.
Definitely the best tapas I have ever tasted, all that we had was vegetarian and so fresh and tasty. House wine was also good and coffee too.
This is not a classic restaurant so you will be sitting with strangers on the same table but you will still have enough privacy.
In front is deli shop with great number of different cheese, wine and meat to taste and buy. Ultracomida is not opened all day so be sure to be there before 3PM to be served in time and not to miss some of the daily specialties.
We had 5 different taps meals and it was more than enough but i still wish i tried some more :)
I love this place and I cant wait to have some great food again!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Only had coffe and cake mid afternoon but very nice atmosphere and good service. Saw other diners food and it looked great, also shop/deli had good selection.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

We always stop for lunch here on our way from Bristol to St David's. The food is fantastic and the staff friendly. Always looks forward to it.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

We went to this tiny restaurant on the recommendation by a friend whilst on holiday in the area. We struggled to find the restaurant initially - it's tucked down a corridor behind the deli, and is probably the sort of place you wouldn't find unless you were expressly looking for it.
Upon arrival, we had to join the queue to be seated- no reservations are taken, and as it was the last Friday of the summer holidays, it was heaving at half past one. We weren't acknowledged at the door, and after 20 minutes or so of waiting, I was ready to storm out. However, my partner talked me round, and eventually we were seated. The dining room itself is fairly small, and there are just three communal tables, each seating about 8 - 12, and 4 bar stools, so it is all fairly intimate.
Once seated, we had to wait quite some time before we could order a drink. It quickly became clear that it was not the sort of restaurant where you could simply flag down one of the waiting staff once you were ready to order, you had to wait your turn before all those who had been seated before you had a chance to order. Whilst I appreciate this egalitarian effort, the family seated before us had four small children who were taking a very long time to get settled, whereas it was just the two of us, and we had just wanted a glass of wine each, so it was slightly frustrating. Furthermore, it appeared that only one of the two waiters was allowed to take drinks orders, and the other only took food orders, and as there was no communication between them, it was all very slow going.
Eventually, we were able to place our order, and golly, am I glad we stayed.
The food was glorious - smoky, sherry tinged champiñones al ajillo, amazingly crispy, spicy patatas bravas, succulent honey chicken - it was the sort of food that makes you remember what is good about life, and the pure joy of simple pleasures. It was the sort of food where you had the internal battle of wanting to gobble it all down at once, whilst simultaneously wanting to savour every mouthful for as long as possible to prolong the experience.
Whilst I am knocking one star off for the service (the tables weren't cleared regularly, they had run out of several dishes by the time we ordered at 2pm, the cleanliness wasn't quite up to scratch and everything was so painfully slow), the food was sublime, and is worth tolerating the service for.
It was so good we went back for lunch the very next day, and ever since I've been fantasising about the food non-stop, desperately trying to come up with a reason to need to go back to Narberth, which I think says it all.

1  Thank Valerie_UK
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Well worth a visit to this wonderful deli and restaurant. Lovely atmosphere and good service. Goats cheese with honey delicious and their patatas bravado not to be missed. Friendly service by a cheerful Mel.