“A Great Find” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bothy in Grayshott

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hindhead
Bothy in Grayshott
Ranked #1 of 2 Hindhead B&B and Inns
Larnaka City, Cyprus
“A Great Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were in Hindhead at the end of May for a family reunion and found Mark & Janice’s B&B to stay for 2 nights. It was apparent from their website that it was a cut above the usual and in a great rural location, but even so, we were pleasantly surprised at just how good it was. We stayed in the Bothy itself, which was very comfortable and had an en-suite shower bathroom PLUS a separate lounge/diner/kitchen area that was fully equipped with oven, hob, fridge, dishwasher and washing machine. It is definitely more than just a B&B. Mark and Janice are very amenable hosts and Janice’s cooked breakfast was excellent. Her homemade fruitcake was also the best tasted in a long time. The Bothy ticked all the boxes for us and if I had to complain about anything, it would be that we were not able to stay longer. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If available, have the bothy..
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Looe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This B&B is just brilliant!!

I was attending a wedding at Cain Manor and not knowing the area I used TripAdvisor (only) to research what accommodation there was locally to choose from and based entirely on TripAdvisor reviews I opted for the Bothy.

I can't tell you how pleased I was that I did!

As well as a speedy response to my enquiry, the delightful owners Mark and Janice were able to help me personally with my travel arrangements to and from the wedding venue - and when on the day itself my sat-nav decided to have a 'melt down' Mark was able to expertly talk-me-in'; being close to Cain Manor I subsequently arrived still with plenty of time to spare...

My room, the cabin, was detached from the main house and it was just great! It really was much more than just a 'room to stay', with the separate living/eating/kitchen area to the bedroom and en-suite shower room - it felt more akin to a luxury self-catering apartment.

When I arrived back from Cain Manor I was able to enjoy some late night complimentary tea (x3 to choose from - coffee too if preferred) and absolutely scrumptious cake - before retiring to my king-size bed - the perfect end to what had been the perfect day!

And so to breakfast - Wow! I went for the continental and it was just fantastic - warm bread, a huge croissant, cheese, ham, pastrami, home made conserves, a whole dish of fresh fruit, fresh juice and cereals - much more than one might expect when you consider price of the stay...

Whether like me you are attending a wedding at the glorious Cain Manor or perhaps are a business traveller seeking something other than the sterile offerings that hotel chains have on offer - don't miss out on the Bothy...

It's clear Mark and Janice work hard to make your stay a great one - friendly and helpful they both go out of their way to make sure your every need is catered for. As a hotel owner myself I find that it's not often you experience this level of attention to detail combined with such genuine hospitality so if you are in the area be it for leisure or business, you must stay here!

Like me you'll be glad you did...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I was working locally and this B and B was local to where I was, so glad I stayed here, Cracking breakfast, accommodation, and very comfortable bed.
Tea and cakes greeted me on arrival, after a very long day it was just what I needed.
Host were very accommodating , but also didn't bother me once I'd got to my out door cabin. Breakfast was really nice and brought to my room on time as promised.
I can't praise them enough.
10/10 would definitely stay again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

delightful accomodation, friendly hosts, and excellent comms (especially as we arrived later than expected). If you need a hotel in this location, dont hesitate to stay here. It trumps any chain hotel anyday. Our accomodation was a luxury cabin, it was detached and super peaceful. great breakfasts! great service! beautiful rooms!The only complaint I have is the weather ...BAH!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed one night at the Bothy and the room was perfect. We had the larger room with a separate lounge area and both the lounge and the bedroom were very nicely done, comfy and well maintained. The owners were extremely helpful, polite and us feel very welcome. The only problem was that we couldn't stay longer. Breakfast in the morning could've been a little bigger though!

• Stayed May 2014
Ely, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Sadly, I could only stay one night after playing a concert nearby. It beats almost all other B&Bs I've stayed at hands down in terms of comfort, privacy and friendliness of the hosts. The homemade cakes on arrival were one of many lovely touches, and it felt as if nothing would be too much trouble. Hugely recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Sadly we only stayed for one night and we would love to have stayed longer. Excellent, very private accommodation in the detached wooden cottage. Great homemade cake left out for our arrival and a lovely cooked breakfast brought to us on Sunday morning, with excellent preserves, again home made.You really couldn't ask for more from a bed and breakfast, we will be back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hindhead
The Devils Punchbowl
Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa
Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa
#1 of 2 in Haslemere
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,020 reviews

Been to Bothy in Grayshott? Share your experiences!