There are two sections - the old original pub and the newer annex at the back. I was in the old pub - 3rd floor. The heating didn't work and it was cold, thank god for the plug in radiator but it didn't stretch to the bathroom. Secondary glazing was in the bedroom only. The electrics went in half of the hotel, the tills broke down, the TV was broken. In fairness the Manager tried his best to find another room (only twins available) and find a new TV cord (didn't find one) whilst trying to manage the electrical and till problems and they did give me a bottle of wine on checkout for the inconvenience. The room and bathroom was dated and cold so definitely stay in the newer part if you book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel was originally built as a country residence for the Hon. Rollo Russell, Whose father, Lord John Russell was England’s first Liberal Prime Minister. Sometime during the early 1900’s, The house known then as Thorshill was leased to a part time minister of the local congregational church, he and his wife, ran Thorshill as a private guesthouse up until 1949. The building has been a hotel ever since. Nowadays set in picturesque and peaceful location, right opposite The Devil’s Punchbowl itself, The hotel is the best place to relax in a truly rural setting. We can meet all private and business needs with 32 spacious bedrooms, The superb Thorshill Restaurant offering excellent cuisine & wine, our traditional pub and a conference and function room, all equipped to the highest standard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelsClick so you can book your The Devils Punchbowl reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Devils Punchbowl Hotel Hindhead
- Devils Punchbowl Hindhead
- The Devils Punchbowl Hindhead, Surrey