We were booked into this hotel by friends who had stayed there before when visiting their daughter and family who live locally. We knew from the fact that they had stayed there that it could not be as bad as Phill made it out to be. Whilst some of his/her comments are valid would be visitors should not be put off by them.Agreed there were traces of mould in the shower area of the bath but nothing major and there are areas which could do with a lick of paint to spruce them up but the beds were clean and the sheets bright and crisply ironed.
With regard to Phill's comments re breakfast I believe that they were completely wrong and maybe a result of,at that point,just finding fault with anything. The full breakfast was just that and well cooked and well presented.
Certainly there are better hotels and there are a lot worse and at £49.50 per room per night you should not expect The Ritz !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel was originally built as a country residence for the Hon. Rollo Russell, Whose father, Lord John Russell was England’s first Liberal Prime Minister. Sometime during the early 1900’s, The house known then as Thorshill was leased to a part time minister of the local congregational church, he and his wife, ran Thorshill as a private guesthouse up until 1949. The building has been a hotel ever since. Nowadays set in picturesque and peaceful location, right opposite The Devil’s Punchbowl itself, The hotel is the best place to relax in a truly rural setting. We can meet all private and business needs with 32 spacious bedrooms, The superb Thorshill Restaurant offering excellent cuisine & wine, our traditional pub and a conference and function room, all equipped to the highest standard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelsClick so you can book your The Devils Punchbowl reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Devils Punchbowl Hotel Hindhead
- Devils Punchbowl Hindhead
- The Devils Punchbowl Hindhead, Surrey