“Surf & Mexican Food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cholo's Comidas Mexicana

Cholo's Comidas Mexicana
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Panama City, Panama
“Surf & Mexican Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

We went with a couple of friends that are regulars, so the owner wellcomed our party happily. The food has a homy taste and it was good. Eventhough the place was crowded and the service a service a little slow, we liked the food and it was a good experience after all. You must try the house hot sauce, a mix of habaneros and chipotle, love it!

• Visited September 2013

Boquete, Panama
“The best Mexican around!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

This place was recommended to me by some other Mexican food buffs; we lament a lack of good Mexican food in Panama in general and this seems to be a great exception. Service takes some time; it was raining and really busy, but they went out of their way to accommodate my requests for tortillas, chipotle salsa and gave me a free drink when they accidentally brought me the wrong one. Their menu is HUGE! The only disappointment was that I was expecting chicken in a creamy chipotle sauce when I ordered chicken chipotle; instead I got a (wonderfully cooked) piece of chicken with a couple chipotle peppers on top. This may have been an expectation difference, although I've never had that type of chipotle chicken before. Regardless, it was delicious! GREAT chips and salsa, too! I'll definitely go back when I'm in the area!

Visited August 2013
Falls Church, Virginia
“Great gringo hangout but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Perhaps expectations were too high but the two times I ate there, I ended up with indigestion and a conclusion that everything tastes much the same. Not sure I will be back in a hurry to test out that last! Our meal was incredibly slow in coming - I noticed since am not a big drinker and generally stop at one! We were with a crowd but Mexican food doesn't normally take that long.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MaryLee22043
Mktgenie
“Loved Cholo's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

The owners are sooooo nice and the food is amazing. We went here every week we were in Coronado (6 week trip) and really looked forward to the chill atmosphere and the great food. I've tried so many things on the menu I feel confident in the whole menu! Go and enjoy!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mktgenie
Santa Catalina, Panama
“Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stop by Cholo's any time we come through town. We are always greeted at the door. It's a cool little surfer type spot. My kids love watching the surf videos while we wait for our food. I personally love the chips, nachos etc... We have a large family and it takes a little time to get our food but that is normal for Panama unless you go to a cafeteria style restraunt. If anything, they are actually pretty fast serving us considering there are 7 of us. I think Chol's is a good price for good food in the area.

• Visited August 2013