“Treated well in coronado”

BlueBay Coronado Golf & Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Playa Coronado
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Having read some unfavorable reviews, we were hesitant to stay here. However, the hotel we had booked was out of business so we were happy to get a room. The front desk was very helpful and we were pleasantly surprised at the large, clean room. The next morning I asked the front desk where I could jog and was told the golf course. What a beautiful venue for some early morning exercise. We spent some time at the beach club and enjoyed a refreshing walk. My bride enjoyed the complimentary breakfast of fresh fruit. Stayed an extra night and ran into a very interesting couple from Canada.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank David_Grant1

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Let me start with its not on the beach, and they do have transportation to take you there. The beach club has a resturant, that is open air. If you order food, you will be so busy with your hands waving off the flys that you will hardly have time to eat. Nothing fancy, about the beach, clean and easy to walk along and see millionaires row of houses. Back to the resort, the room smelled so musty that we immediately went to the front office asking to be moved. They said they didn't have another room available of the same type. My husband and I said we didn't care, so we got a basic room. Had 2 mornings that we had no hot water for showers. The third morning I was determined to get hot water called the maintenance guy, and he got us hot water. Not sure what he did but we did have hot water. The restaurant by the pool, did not have good food at all. I was so disappointed in the food, the service was ok, but don't ask for anything different on the menu. Asked to add tomatoes to my omelet and they said ok, then it came without. Prices are ok, but not cheap. I know Im from another country (America) however quality here is not up to par. The resort is clean and well kept, but not fancy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sharon S
Reviewed 23 September 2013

rooms are filty and very smelling price is very expensive does not recommend mattres very unconfortables lighting in the rooms are poor bathroom m has a noice like water running from a pipe break fast was good golf course is pretty and the view was beautifull staff were very friendly and courteus

Room Tip: does not recommend any room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank miguel551
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed for 3 nights during August 2013. The facilities are really nice, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious, well appointed and looked clean. Unfortunately the lodge occupancy seems very low during August, and we experienced several problems with our room, including an insect bite in the ear during the night that required a visit to the clinic, and no hot water. We were moved to a different room which also had a hot water problem, but they were able to fix it. After complaining, a 10% discount was provided, and the fee for one night was waived.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul and Candy V
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is an exclusive, gated community. The community is made up of exquisite beachfront homes, mostly utilized during weekends...few residents during the week. At the entrance there are a few restaurants where the residents hang out in the afternoon and evenings...the dress is casual and the fare is light; i.e., hamburgers, chicken, etc....sandals/shorts type attire. In addition, it's a 5-minute drive to a commercial hub made up of businesses which sell everything you might need; with a 24-hour El Rey Supermarket. In addition, there's a medical clinic, San Fernando at the entrance which has state-of-the-art equipment.

My sister had to go there due to contracting a stomach virus for drinking the water and she was treated expeditiously and for gratis. Panama's gov't pays for these types of medical issues if they occur within 30 days of tourist arrival in the country...and the medications are also included. GREAT PR move on their part.

All ex-pat's and returning Panamanians even though naturalized American, are given a 15% discount for most everything you might purchase. I took full advantage of this benefit.

Back to the Coronado Community: Although most homes are in the Million $ range, there are some medium-priced ones; those mostly are the older homes.

All in all, a great place to be and enjoying the assurance that people you encounter would've passed through a security check. BTW, there's also a Police Station at the entrance of the property.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank chinamom62
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 2 days with my friends. Really, the hotel staff was very pleasing and friendly. I really enjoyed my stay there. All the facilities were provided to us that we need. The rooms of the hotel were clean and big. The pool facility is also provided. i had fun time with my friends in the pool. The price was not much according to the facilities and the rooms of the hotel. The hotel was fully decorated, it makes me happy while i entered in the hotel. You must stay in this hotel when you go there for spending your vacations with your friends and family.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2013

nice place, i was there with my familly and we really enjoyed the service and the pool area.
I like golfing so i enjoyed the stay alot.
My kids played in the swimming area and went to the beach.
The restaurant service was ok.
The golfing area was excelent.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
0 mi away
Express Inn Coronado Hotel & Camping
17 mi away
Los Mandarinos Boutique Spa & Hotel Restaurant
Los Mandarinos Boutique Spa & Ho...
#1 of 5 in El Valle de Anton
Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas
22 mi away
Hotel Playa Blanca Beach Resort

Been to BlueBay Coronado Golf & Beach Resort? Share your experiences!