Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 October 2018

Stayed for one night, booked two rooms for two families (total of 7 people) as the other ryokan I wanted to stay in was booked out. The price was high (as are all ryokan) but actually on the lower side within Kinosaki Onsen. The location was fantastic, right in main area and you can get to most bathhouses quite easily. Because we had two families, we requested to have dinner together and were allocated a separate room for dining. Because most of my family is more comfortable speaking Chinese, they assigned a (Taiwanese?) Chinese-speaking lady to serve us dinner. She was friendly and engaged in conversation with us, but if you've ever experienced Japanese hospitality you'd know it's not quite up to par. I think to my family members (who can't speak Japanese) they would definitely prefer this over a hostess who only spoke Japanese (in which I'd have to translate everything). The food was great, everybody loved it. I would certainly return and recommend to others.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Rain W
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Yamamotoya for just one night whilst visiting Kinosaki Onsen.
The ryokan is beautiful with a lovely friendly team.
Our room was upstairs at the back with a private toilet and shower if needed, however we spent the majority of our time in the local Onsen.
Food was amazing, plentiful and served with a smile.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2018

The location is very good, quiet and traditional environments, rooms are clean, staffs are helpful and very nice.

I stayed there with my friends for holiday, we have four persons, they arranged two rooms for us, one is river view, the bigger one is gardens view, we had a very good time in this hotel with delicious traditional Japanese food.

Although staffs could speak simple English, they are very helpful and showed their hospitality to us, thank you very much.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Yamamotoya was our only ryokan experience in Japan and it exceeded all our expectations.
I booked directly with the hotel about 5 months before our travel date. No complaints; everything went smoothly and I received very fast responses to any emails I sent. I recommend you do this, as you'll get the best price.
We simply walked from the station through town, which takes about 10 minutes - if that. We were very distracted with all the crabs and other local delicacies on display. It also gives you a chance to take in the uniqueness of this special town.
From arrival to departure the staff were extremely attentive to our needs. Although you'll find a language barrier across most of Japan, the staff here were willing to take the time to ensure they understood our needs.
Upon arrival an auntie shows you how to dress in your yukata, only speaking Japanese and using hand signals. We found her delightful!
We especially enjoyed talking to Kondo, our joyful server. She serves the meals in your room and makes your bed after dinner and before breakfast.
The room was clean and the futon beds were extremely comfortable. The food was delicious and presented beautifully.
You'll receive an onsen pass to use in the local onsens, so make sure your check in at 15:00 to make full use of this. It's valid until the following morning 10:00. The whole town is geared for your onsen experience and that's what everyone is there for. So as Westerners don't feel intimidated by the experience. Once you relax, it really is amazing and extremely relaxing.
That said, there is only a toilet in your room. To shower/bath you must use the hotel's private onsen area. It has all the amenities you need, but just be aware you'll have to go downstairs for a shower & hairdryer.
I'd recommend Yamamotoya to anyone, anytime. We'll always have very fond memories.

Room tip: We asked for a room with a balcony facing the street. Beautiful atmosphere!
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carla K
Reviewed 4 October 2017

We had a room with a view to the canal/bridge. The hotel itself is located close to the town center, about 10 minute walk from the railway station. There are several baths around this hotel. We received a pass from this hotel, which allowed us to use other baths in the town. It was really rewarding. Staying in a ryokan is an experience itself. The staffs were very friendly and the room was clean. I felt very pleasant and relaxed after staying a day in Kinosaki,

It is highly recommended that you find out the check-in/check-out times of this hotel when you plan to stay there. In our case we had to wait a couple of hours to check in, as we arrived earlier than 1 PM. Anyway, we were allowed to let our suitcases at the reception, There is a small and not so deep well with hot water very close to this hotel. We sat around the well, dipped our feet and discussed our further plan, while we had to wait for check in. You can watch the details of this hotel and its surrounding in my video in You Tube with title: 'Japan Visit, George Bijay'.

Date of stay: August 2017