“Little bit of bliss” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of the Harrow at little bedwyn

the Harrow at little bedwyn
Reserve with OpenTable
the Harrow at little bedwyn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$0 - US$149
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Little bit of bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We went here, for our wedding anniversary. We had the taster menu and selected wines.
The food was delicious, especially the starters.
The lobster wasn't the best I've had but I have been spoilt. Had that simply cooked, after watching the captain catch it, in Cuba. Couldn't get fresher, I'm afraid.
The wines went very well, with the food. Sue came and spoke with us, about the wines, with each course. Explaining why they had picked them.
Very friendly staff.
The only down side is the lack of parking, considering it wasn't full.
Would recommend this place, for a special occasion.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Roger J, Owner at the Harrow at little bedwyn, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for your kind comments and sorry we could not match your freshly caught lobster experience In Cuba.

Kelso, United Kingdom
“Was expecting more”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I feel sad to spoil the straight run of 5 stars here and yes it was delicious food served elegantly in a friendly dining room with knowledgable staff - but it just didn't have that magic that elevates it up to being perfect. I urge people to go but not on the basis that you'll be blown away. It's great, but not amazing.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am disappointed that we did not hit the heights that you expected if you want to revisit drop me an email and I will send you a voucher
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Another wonderful meal - just gets better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Just returned from a lunch at The Harrow for a birthday treat for a friend. This is the second time I have eaten here - the first time was in January 2014 for my husbands birthday - and that was exceptional in itself. Both visits I have opted for the Tasting Menu - today I was driving so did not go for the matching wines but did so the first time and wonderful matches. The highlight of today's menu was the Grilled Cornish Turbot with wild mushrooms - cooked to perfection. The service on both visits was calm, friendly, non obtrusive, the dining room very relaxed, staff very knowledgeable. Thank you - both Tasting menus (although very different from eachother due to the time of year) were wonderful and full of surprises and an absolute joy. My friend has a gluten free diet and we notified the Harrow prior to our visit - they did not disappoint - she had the most wonderful meal too and you could see the care taken in the preparation. Will definitely be using this Restaurant regularly - now, whens my birthday ??

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words and continued custom
SURREY
“My Favourite Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We have eaten here on several occassions and never been disappointed we absolutely love it here.

There is always a warm welcome from proprietor Sue Jones and it is lovely to have a chat with her at thebar while enjoying an aperitif, accompanied by a lovely tasy treat from the kitchen. My wife especially loves the fact that they serve Krug by the glass.

The menu has some absolutely delicious dishes, my favourite starter is the foie gras with scallop, black pudding & truffle, truly superb, crispy lobster tail is also a firm favourite.

In winter there are some terriffic game dishes and in summer some beautiful fresh fish.
The horseraddish mash that is served with Welsh beef is a revellation.
Desserts and cheese also fab. Roger's cooking is sublime

The wine list is in my opinion the best in the country.
Tha Amon Ra is one of the most amazing red wines I have ever tasted.

Service is friendly, expert and attentive.

We absolutely love the Harrow and will keep returning.

Apologies for not writing a review sooner.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for your in depth review of The Harrow we are delighted that you enjoy our exciting wine list with lots of great wines by the glass. We currently have Dom Perignon 04 by the glass
SURREY
“My Favourite Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We have aten here on several occassions and never been disappointed we absolutely love it here.

The horseraddish mash that is served with Welsh beef is a revellation.
Desserts and cheese also fab. Roger's cooking is sublime

The wine list is in my opinion the best in the country.
Tha Amon Ra is one of the most amazing red wines I have ever tasted.

Service is friendly, expert and attentive.

We absolutely love the Harrow and will keep returning.

Apologies for not writing a review sooner.

• Visited November 2013