“Traditional fun at it's best.”

Kumagawa River Cruise
Bellingen NSW
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Traditional fun at it's best.”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I first did this boat rafting trip in 1982 when I visited Hitoyoshi, and absolutely loved it. In fact apart from the amazing people I met, it was probably the highlight of my entire holiday.

My lovely, kind & considerate Japanese friends put me on-board the fantastic wooden boat and waved me good bye from the shore. Little did I know that I was travelling with a rowdy bunch from Kagoshima who were touring about Kyushu. Anyway, these loud but fun people soon had me sharing their Shoju (potato sake) and clapping along to their quaint folk songs as we whizzed down the white water rapids. They boat trip was amazing and these happy Japanese country folk made the adventure even more fun.

Soon I'm taking a tour group back to Hitoyoshi and this boat trip is something we are all wanting to enjoy together.

Visited October 2013