Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$391
Orbitz.comUS$391
Booking.comUS$428
eDreamsUS$428
TripadvisorUS$391
CheapTicketsUS$391
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Me and my friend arrived Yufuin early in the morning and walked around sightseeing places till 3pm when we could check in. The ryokan was just 10min walk from Yufuin train and bus stations. There is a giant Torii at the entrance of the street so you won’t get the wrong street.

Ryokan colleague showed us the ways to the public and also private onsens before showing us the room. Our room was massive and beautifully- traditional. We had delicious pudding and hot green tea as welcome tea set. Female visitors can choose unique yukata. We enjoyed hotspings before dinner at 7pm.

Dinner was served in our own room. Every dishes looked yum but sadly I had stomachache and couldn’t enjoy them. The lady who served us dinner noticed it even she didn’t speak English. She asked for help and gave me medicines. They were really worried.

I was fine after having a long nice sleep. Before breakfast, I went to the public onset and found out the magnificent view there. You can appreciate the view of Mount Yufu during soak in the onsen. It was breathtaking! We had breakfast in the morning and the staffs asked if I was alright. They were so kind and reminded me to enjoy the breakfast slowly.

I will definitely come back to stay at Yamadaya again!

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank karinaccy
yamadaya, お客様担当マネージャー at Yamadaya, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

I am very happy that you are satisfied your staying.
But it was unfortunate that you couldn't have the dinner.
Next time , please enjoy our kaiseki-ryori !
And please enjoy Yufuin more.
I am looking forward to being able to meet you again someday.
I sincerely hope you'll take good care of yourself.

Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

Spent one night there to celebrate wedding anniversary with my husband. It was a 7 days trip in total (Fukuoka + Beppu + Yufuin) and Yamadaya was the only hotel (we stayed in 6 different hotels throughout the trip) which not only noticed our anniversary celebrations remark in the booking as we would hope for a quieter room, but also offered us a bottle of sparkling wine for free, which was so unexpected, kind, generous and thoughtful.

There aren't many rooms in this hotel but with 2 family onsen, one outdoor and one indoor onsen that every time we went to these onsen there were just us and no one else, which was quiet, relaxing and enjoyable. Both dinner and breakfast were tasty.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
yamadaya, 広報担当マネージャー at Yamadaya, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2016

Thanks so much for your warm message and photographs.
I am very happy that you are satisfied your staying.
Do come again on another season.
Or how about coming to Yufuin for wedding anniversary tripe for every year ?
Yufuin town has a very expressive face.
Please enjoy Yufuin more.
I was good if I was studying English more.
I regret it.
I am looking forward to being able to meet you again someday.
I sincerely hope you'll take good care of yourself.
Best regards,
Sato

Reviewed 30 May 2016

Our Kyushu family trip second stop at beautiful, tranquil Yufuin Yamadaya, we walked to ryokan, embraced the fresh air and beautiful scenery along the way. From Yufuin Station to Yamadaya approximately 15 mins by walk or take taxi if you like.

The manager and staff all friendly and helpful, the waitress led us to to room and patiently introduce all facilities, including how to use public onsen, then made tea and offer welcome dessert for us in the living room, very welcoming and service was impeccable.

Our family room have a private indoor/outdoor onsen bath, spacious space to accommodate min. 3 adults. Ryokan price was reasonable, including tasty dinner and breakfast.

I want to thank Mr. Sato especially, we've been communicate in emails since Aug. 2015 till we checked-in in Feb. 2016, he is a very patient, helpful and detailed oriented person.

Highly recommended.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We had a wonderful time in this little Ryokan. It's located by a river and easy to find by using our phone. Our room was on the second floor and had the view facing Mount Yufu. My room did not have private osen but there was one indoor osen next to my room. You can use it privately by locking from inside.
Food was good and we especially liked the breakfast,
The service at Yamadaya ryokan is impeccable and thoughtful. Mr Sato in the reception speaks good English and we had no problem throughout although other staff did not speak English.
Hotel was reasonably priced too - highly recommended!

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kassi88
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I've booked their room 寒露 with private hot spring (both inside and outside). The room is large. They provide few yukata for you to choose (sorry, this service is for girls only ^^). All of them are pretty. Both dinner and breakfast are tasty.
Great location, just a 10-15min walk from Yufuin Station. Free room wifi is provided upon request.

Date of stay: February 2014