All reviews western style bedroom welcome drink massage chair upon check lovely view japanese dinner yufuin station private onsen jacuzzi standalone villa van unit dish privacy spring ryokan
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

This ryokan is a little bit expensive but it's worth except food.
The place is a little far from the yufu station so the atmosphere is calm and peaceful. And you don't need to care about peeping when using open air bath in your room.
Some staffs can speak English, Korean, and Chinese. So you can communicate easily.
It's also good to borrow yukata.
The dinner was okay but don't expect traditional kaiseki. Here's fusion ryokan so does the food. And it's a litle bit hard to understand the explanation.

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank beenergetic
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

I love to stay in hotel with private onsen in room. This one is no exception. The hotel can arrange pick up and drop off at JR Yufuin station when you arrive and leave Yufuin which is a nice touch.

I enjoyed the privacy that the room provide. One thing I don’t like is the massage chair in room. My back hurt!

The dinner and breakfast are nice. Not spectacular.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank Gracehsy
Reviewed 5 October 2017

we took a western room with a jacuzzi open air tub. both the tub, the terrace deck and the room had a very lovely view of yufuin town.

floor was heated so it was great because it rained when we were there - really cold as spring came late.

the jacuzzi hot tub was great, super relaxing with a great view. enjoyed it totally. bath amenities were provided everyday for both the male & the female in different bags. many types of toiletries for you to use - scrubs etc.

breakfast was pretty good and so was dinner. its filling enough and i enjoyed it. i've not stayed in many roykans with dinners so the dinner was considered up to my expectations.

service is pretty good, they helped me with all my luggages when checking in and checking out. we drove and we found it abit hard to find hanayoshi on the 1st day.

Room Tip: rooms with a view of yufuin town is definitely worth it!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2017

It's good that they provide shuttle bus service between JR station to hotel as it takes 5-10 mins by car. They served a tasty welcome local fruit juice as welcome drink for guests and the staffs were polite, courteous and helpful. The staff guided us to our room and introduced the hotel facilities, room elements and amenities. We stayed in the standalone western unit with the view of Yufuin mountain and with a hot-spring jacuzzi room, which you could enjoy a wonderful view with relaxing bath for refreshment. We chose Japanese dinner and breakfast and it was good and delicious.

Room Tip: Western room standalone unit one at hotel new area has the best mountain view
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2017

Stayed for one night and chose this hotel for its proximity to the train station. When we walked in, it was a good sized hotel and we thought the facilities would be great. I was disappointed when the receptionist said we could only have dinner at 6pm when we checked in at around 3:30pm. We could not catch an earlier train and forgot to buy lunch for the train trip and could only eat when we got off at yufuin at 2:40pm. I asked for a later time and they told me they have a 115 person booking and could not allow us to have it later but did allow us to have dinner at 6:20pm. Mind you, there seemed to be 4 big tour bus load of Korean tourist. Anyway, the room was clean and it came with an unexpected onsen bath. Dinner was very mediocre and the worst I had in an onsen hotel. The black wagyu beef was chewy. The food was cold. Rice did not come until we asked for it and they forgot one dish. The waitresses were working hard but just too busy. The Japanese mattress had covers with holes in it. Cheap for such hotel. Not much toileteries in public onsen baths unlike most others. No water fountain in onsen baths. Breakfast was the same for everyone no matter what time you choose to have it, it is all on the table. The grilled fish and other cooked food were cold. Maybe Japanese unlike Chinese, don't mind cold food im winter... Anyway, I would not come again to this hotel since I would rather try another one who would cater for tourist other than tour groups. They had dinner at 7pm or later...

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family