See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

From room, food and staff, they are really excellent.

Although their room is so big, they have cleaned it thoroughly. There is no dust anywhere at all. The portion of their dinner is really quite big and we cannot finish them.

I have lived in many onsen hotel before and this is the best.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

I spent a day with my friend at this hotel on 15/4. The staff are very friendly and helpful, especially for their warmth support and concern after the earthquake at midnight (a phone call at once and a visit at around 2am).

The food was very delicious; The room is very big, clean and tidy. I love the private hot spring very much and I am sure it is the best choice for couples and families.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2016

Lovely hotel that makes an impression on me. We opt for the individual cottage style residence.

Pros:
- cottage very spacious, looks very clean and new
- lovely view from cottage, in the middle of mountain
- wonderful in house hot spring, very spacious
- great service

Cons:
- food mediocre
- very pricey

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2015

I book 2-night stay plan of Ryunohige via Jalan.net and it comes to the best staying experience in my Kyushu trip Nov 2015. We are delighted that we have made the wise choice of staying 2 nights as everything there is just perfect

We stayed at Akebi. The room is large, clean, and modernly decorated. It has a terrace connecting to private onsen and living room. Thanks to the good weather that we can see lots of stars at night while soaking ourselves in the onsen.

The highlight there was the cuisines - the breakfasts and dinners were completely different but equally delicious in our 2-day stay. They are all beautifully presented and immediately delivered to our dinning table which we can feel the heart from the chef.

All staff are very helpful and nice. Everytime we walk upstairs to the dinning room we are welcome by one staff who stand by before we reach the entrance to welcome us. Everytime we arrive at the carpark before finishing parking, the staff will come out from the main entrance and greet us.

Overall, we enjoy our stay at Ryunohige very much and would highly recommend to our friends.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maggie L
Reviewed 12 December 2014

My wife and I stayed at 草屋根の宿 for one night in December 2014. It was a very nice stay in the hotel, we stayed at the Tsukusiつくし. The room was clean and tidy and with a nice onsen inside the room, that was perfect. Both the dinner and breakfast were excellent. The service was good. The surrounding environment was beautiful. We will definitely come back.

Room Tip: I only stayed at the Tsukusi which is a very good house/room.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple