“Lovely Staff”

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels / Ryokan in Nago
Sydney, Australia
“Lovely Staff”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights in late June. We really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is really lovely, and the staff were super friendly. The facilities were good, I used the gym which had everything required for a holiday workout. Used the outdoor pool in the rain, enjoyed the jacuzzi- but it was pretty popular would have been great if there were a few more!

The courtesy bus was was great to get to local restaurants and to the beach. There was a very special staff member that worked mostly at the beach who went out of her way to make us comfortable- thank you, Air. You made our stay very enjoyable!

Breakfast buffet was good and the staff that worked in the restaurant were excellent. We appreciated their ability to speak to us in English, because our Japanese is very limited!

Overall, a relaxing and enjoyable stay!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kristy L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
charlotte, nc
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The word of perfection for a hotel hospitality should be giving to this Ritz in Okinawa. Even prior to my arrival, I was so impressed with the concierge's timely, informative and courteous assistance in addressing my questions and needs via emails. The decors and interiors are of a museum quality. I noticed smily faces of hotel staff in any positions even the maids and janitors as well as all customer facing functions. The room was amazing. My teenage son decided that the bathroom was the world best (with the state of art Toto washlet system!). It's dramatic and exciting to see the drapes automatically open when you enter the room. The beds are super comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed the variety and quality of breakfast buffet. My favorites were cook to order omelet and Japanese style poached egg with special broth. I ate snacks at the outdoor swimming pool and dinner at the same place as breakfast- both delicious and the prices were surprisingly reasonable. The spa was tucked away from the main building connected via a tunnel and mountain trail like pathway. I got to enjoy the spa facilities practically to myself in the late afternoon on a Friday. I loved the heat experience although I had never tried such a method. If I were to point to anything requires improvements.... I would entourage the hotel staff to work on English speaking skills. Plus, the privately set up beach area at an another hotel down the street. The beach area was set up with Ritz Carlton provided umbrellas and chairs served by its crew. The area is super small and the huge floating playground type of objects sit right in your face effectively taking away the view of ocean. Otherwise, this Okinawa Ritz is one of the very best hotels that I have ever stayed. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sfogolden
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I am a repeater to this hotel since the days when it was called "Kise-Bettei". It was the luxury hotel started by Okinawa local business investor. The concept was to offer tranquil Okinawa resort. In order to achieve the goal, no child under 15 was allowed, and capacity was controlled at 70% level. No wonder this business model cannot be sustained, especially hard macro economic environment. After 5 years, the property was turned over to Ritz-Carlton, which allows children, family, and "anybody" who pays. The first year as Ritz-Carlton was disastrous, as it was struggling to inject "Ritz-Carlton" way while many legacy employees from the past still around. This year, I felt the property has become more "Ritz-Carlton" than before, and I appreciate that, however, it has not yet developed the clientele which "Ritz-Carlton" brand should attract.

Room Tip: Avoid going to this hotel in high season if you are seeking tranquil holiday. You'll have high...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sadashi S
Takeshi H, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Okinawa, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you very much for your comments to The Ritz-Carlton, Okinawa. We turned to The Ritz-Carlton two years ago. We continue to try our best to provide wonderful experiences for our customers. We look foward to having a pleasure of welcoming you. Again, thank you very much for your valuable comments.
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed here in June 2014--humid as sin, but absolutely stunning hotel. Designed with an open, airy feel, surrounded by golf course and beautiful ocean, and, of course, Ritz's attention to detail throughout.

Room was excellent, three restaurants with options from pretty pricey to very reasonable. Excellent breakfast included.

Staff are attentive, helpful, and cheerful.

Definitely recommend this if you're in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Okinawa, Japan
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I've stayed at this property 3 times and have always had excellent customer service. The only negative thing is the spa is not worth the money. I paid $150 for an advanced pedicure that came with a foot massage. This massage lasted 30 seconds per foot (I counted). My manicure was also not worth the money - cuticles weren't taken care of and she put two coats of paint on some nails but not all nails -- very strange. I do not mind spending money if the product is worth the price. I say stay at the hotel but skip the spa.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Pros: The property was luxurious, beautiful, well-maintained, and quiet. Especially the bathroom was wonderful with a great view. Staffs were very helpful, and we don't have any problem communicating in English. Service was excellent. When we asked them to recommend local restaurants, and they gave us a list of nearby restaurants. A car ride to/from the restaurant was also provided. When we couldn't finish our course at KISE ('cause our baby was too tired), they kindly send the dessert to our room, with a perfect table setting. Free WiFi, audio with iPod, and Nespresso coffee machine with complementary capsules were also services we enjoyed.

Cons: Far from the beach. Swimming pools were nice but small, regarding the size of the hotel(and kids can't use indoor pool after 2pm- which can be Pro for adults). Poolside drink menu was quite limited. Also there're lots of mosquitos which makes it impossible to use outside balcony at night. (They provided an ointment, though.)

Inspite of the cons, I recommend Ritz Carlton Okinawa- especially for the adults and couples. It's clearly one of the best hotels in kinawa with a top notch service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank igang
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights, and were treated like royals the whole time. Check in was easy, room was ready on time, our room was 311 with a lovely view over the golf corse and looking out towards the sea and Nago Bay.
Room was luxury, we had twin beds for 2 Adults and our 7 year old which was plenty of room, also sofa, chair area and outside balcony with table & chairs. Bathroom was so nice, my daughter loved going to the toilet with all the buttons to push, and loved the big bath.
Breakfast was top quality with an amazing selection, and slight changes daily, also very relaxing as it never felt too busy, only 1 morning was quite busy but still plenty of room to move around the buffet selection of Japanese & western foods.
We used the gym a few times which was good, but also had a great jogging area just outside the Hotel, also used indoor pool area.
Library & outdoor pool area was lovely as well, still a little cold for swimming but my husband braved it and enjoyed his swim.
We ate dinner outside of the Hotel, and there were plenty of options and different styles of japanese food close by, we had a car so was very easy to get around, if you don't the Hotel have a list of outside restuarants that they can book for you and take you there in their courtesy coach, they left us a Hotel mobile phone and we called them to collect us when we were finished, fantastic service, especially if you want to enjoy a beer or 2!
We never used their private beach as the weather was on and off while we were there, however beaches looked lovely, we went to the aquarium, Neo pet zoo, Orion beer factory tour, and KTV, we would reccommend all these activities for families.
Car parking at the Hotel was great service just pull up they will park for you, and just let them know when you are going out and your car will be waiting as well as the lovely helpful staff to greet you.
All staff were amazing, helping us organise things to do, we felt very welcome the whole time.
Thank you Ritz Carlton Okinawa, we are already reccomending you to all our friends!!

Room Tip: Room 311, quiet & good location on lobby level, good view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Alyson H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nago
The Busena Terrace
Okinawa Marriott Resort & Spa
Hotel Nikko Alivila Yomitan Resort Okinawa
Hilton Okinawa Chatan Resort
Kafuu Resort Fuchaku Condo Hotel
ANA InterContinental Manza Beach Resort

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Okinawa? Share your experiences!