“Delightful!!!!”
Review of Radford Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Timsbury
Radford Villa
Ranked #1 of 3 Timsbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stunning location with wonderful hosts and a superior breakfast experience to set you up for the day - very thoughtful 5 stars. Perfect for a stop over or long weekend with close proximity to Bath and Bristol.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Had the pleasure of staying at Radford Villa ,last weekend,what an absolute delight from start to finish,Carol and Peter the hosts and owners were so lovely,charming ,helpful and kind,from the moment they met us to them waving us off.

Beautifully decorated home,exquisite taste by Carol,but still so welcoming,they gave us complimentary tea and cake in the library upon arrival which set the scene for the whole stay ,Peter also offered us a chilled glass of white Rioja whilst we waited for our friends to collect us that night.
Wonderful nights sleep followed by one of the best breakfasts I have ever had ,chilled glasses for juice,fresh raspberries and mango waiting for us at the table in a chilled martini glass,all placed on a clothed immaculate table in their grand dining room,finest cooked breakfast with local produce,highest quality and Peters potato Rosti a must.

We loved it so much that we booked there and then to stay in December ,this time bringing close friends to share this gem of luxury but with 2 hosts who care so much....thank you again Peter and Carol for an amazing experience that we intend to repeat and repeat.

Room Tip: Just call carol but all so lovely
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Nine of us (bride's family, bridesmaids etc) stayed over the weekend for our daughter's wedding at Priston Mill.

Carol and Peter know what they are doing to the point that it is difficult to believe that you not staying with good friends... Friends you wish you had!!
You get to stay in a fantastic house with style, character and an attention to detail that oozes from every angle. Trust me you will love it and like us not want to go home.

Thank you for a truly memorable experience.

Room Tip: Not a problem for our party... but some of the rooms in the main house share a bathroom which could...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed at Radford Villa over my wedding weekend, as I was getting married at Radford Mill Farm next door. I stayed in the main house room, and my bridesmaids stayed in the loft. Both rooms were immaculate and amazing!

Carol and Peter are fantastic hosts. They greeted us with a glass of wine when we arrived, and could not have been more helpful. They have the perfect balance of attentive (for example Carol popped up to my room in the morning with some fresh milk for me to make tea/coffee with) whilst giving you plenty of space.

The breakfasts were also fantastic, both mornings we had fruit salad with yoghurt, pastries and our choice of cooked breakfast. I had scrambled egg with smoked salmon on one day and a full English on the other.

The attention to detail here is great. Even things like having real ground coffee with a cafetiere in the room rather than instant coffee, makes a difference!

I couldn't have asked for a more restful and relaxing place to spend the night before my wedding, nor a more romantic place to spend my wedding night! This is a wonderful BnB, and my husband and I will definitely be back

Room Tip: Both rooms are great. The main house room is more romantic and has a fantastic bathroom, but the lo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My husband and I spent a night here while attending a wedding at Radford Mill, just a short walk away. Radford Villa is a beautiful house and Carol and Peter were wonderful hosts. We couldn't have felt more welcome and their attention to detail was impeccable without feeling cloying. We arrived after an awful journey in bad weather and were immediately offered a lovely big pot of tea and fresh coffee, with gluten free biscuits for my celiac husband. Our room was gorgeous and comfortable, with everything we could want (tea, coffee, water, biscuits, hairdryer, mountains of fluffy towels, radio, chocolates, plenty of clothes hangers in the wardrobe, books, magazines, a notepad, a first aid kit, toiletries, you name it!), and a lovely view of the garden. I thought at first that the bed was quite small (though very pretty) but actually it was very comfortable and we slept really well that night. When I lamented that my wellies had been borrowed by someone and I had none to wear in the pouring rain, I was immediately offered a pair to borrow (they fitted perfectly!). We had a front door key so were able to come in late from the wedding without disturbing anyone, and when I popped downstairs the next morning in search of milk, Carol had a jug almost before I'd had time to ask (no nasty sachets of UHT 'milk' here). Breakfast itself was really delicious, and served at a big dining table with the other guests, who happened to be charming and happy to chat. We really enjoyed the fresh fruit salad, lovely cereals and yoghurts, excellent croissants, and a full English or smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. There were even gluten free sausages for my husband, which is the kind of thing few people would think of and is really appreciated. The weekend before we'd stayed at a hotel which was ugly, dirty, and charmless: Radford Villa was the perfect antidote, and far better value for money. We would love to come back, and would certainly recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The owners Carol and Peter were the perfect hosts and welcomed us into their home but yet allowed us our space. Hands down the best hotel I've stayed in - attention to detail was perfect, breakfast delicious, our room (the loft) was spotless and luxurious...didn't want to leave. Will be returning.

Room Tip: any...all stunning. Make sure you have lots of room for breakfast!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Timsbury
The Old Malt House
#16 of 155 in Bath
2 Crescent Gardens
2 Crescent Gardens
#15 of 155 in Bath

Been to Radford Villa? Share your experiences!