“Wow! Jaime is quite the host!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Freedom Ecuador Restaurant & Bar
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Freedom Ecuador Restaurant & Bar is located on a beach paradise in Canoa, Ecuador. We are full-service establishment providing first-class service to all.
Reviewed 29 November 2011

My brother and I spent 10 days at the Sundown Inn in Canoa and were so excited to find the Freedom. Great food and what an amazing staff. Jose and Becky were superb in helping to fulfil our every need. And of course the owner, Jaime, was nothing else than spetacular. The atmospher is fun, cervesas are cheap and we even watched the NFL game on Thanksgiving day. Highly recommended! Enjoy!

1  Thank Doug C
There are newer reviews for Freedom Ecuador Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Living in Bahia, I have been fortunate to find a fantastic bar in and around this area. Can't really add anything else to the reviews; food is great, atmosphere superb and lots to do in side. Location is right off the beach. Jaime is a great host and will go out of his way to please you. They also have a huge projector screen with tons of videos to dance to. This is a total thumbs up for me!

2  Thank Jetskijo
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Freedom opened up during our stay at the Sundown Inn (Freedom is a 2 minute walk away from Sundown). The restaurant has a very nice selection of foods, all prepared fresh, we tried a few different dishes from the menu, all were delicious (especially the pepper steak). Also, there is a pool table, WiFi internet, board games, video games and chillout areas at the restaurant and you can use these items all free of charge!! Although it is a 15min walk along the beach from town, it is worth the walk! The food and atmosphere make the walk worthwhile, so make sure if you're visiting Canoa that you visit Freedom! Freedom is the best facility (bar-restuarant) in Canoa!

2  Thank leigh h
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I was fortunate to be present for the grand opening of Freedom Ecuador Restaurant & Bar, and I ate there for most of my meals during my stay in Canoa, Ecuador. The place is amazing and is located right now the beach, about 2 kilometers south from Canoa. It's around a 4,000 sq/ft structure composed entirely of bamboo. It has an outdoor beach lounge, hookah lounges, at least 10 hammocks, a projector screen, great live entertainment, a pool table, free wireless internet, etc. In addition, the food is by far the best offered in Canoa. If you like foods native to Ecuador you won't be disappointed. I tried the Cerviche in shrimp, mixed fish, and clam varieties--the best I've had while traveling in Ecuador. They also offer international foods for travelers looking for food close to home. I also recommened the pepper steak--la comida de Los Dios! You can get a liter of the local Pilsner or Club beers for only 1.50. The food items ranged from around 4 to 15 USD. The staff was also very warm and friendly, and the owner Jaime David is an amazing guy--make sure you meet him. They frequently kept the doors open until 3 or 4 in the morning for those who like to party late. When I return to Canoa I will definitely be spending more time at Freedom, and I recommened them to any traveler looking for the best experience in Ecuador. Muchas gracias Senor Jaime David for the great times!

9  Thank Globe_Trotter_Gringo