“Lovely place but not luxury”
Review of Barnes Brinkcraft

Barnes Brinkcraft
Ranked #7 of 13 things to do in Wroxham
Manchester
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Lovely place but not luxury”
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a week and thoroughly enjoyed our first experience of Norfolk. The accommodation is not luxurious but we were very comfortable. My only slight criticism would be the interior ceiling lighting is very poor and the fire doors are very heavy for small children to open.

2 Thank MarkyMark1978
strawbs85, Guest Relations Manager at Barnes Brinkcraft, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, I am so glad that you enjoyed your holiday with us.

With regard to the lighting, thank you for bringing this to our attention, I will ask our maintenance team to look into this and see if anything can be done to improve it. The fire doors are heavy, but they are standard regulation and there is nothing we are able to do about this as they are what is required by law.

We hope to welcome you and your family back to Barnes Brinkcraft in the future.

Boston, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Bank Holiday Boating Weekend”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We booked in advance to go on a weekend away on a boat on the Norfolk Broads. This was my first time but my partners second time. We had an absolutely brilliant time. We had excellent weather in between a few rain showers. Took the dog as well and she seemed to also enjoy herself. Plenty of free places to moor up and loads to see and do.The boat was brilliant and had everything we needed. Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and are already looking at booking again to go this year!

Visited August 2014
strawbs85, Guest Relations Manager at Barnes Brinkcraft, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review, we are really pleased to hear you enjoyed your trip despite the weather! We hope to welcome you back to Barnes Brinkcraft soon.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Bookings”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Don't rely on this firm to keep your booking or even be interested in resolving an issue for you, staff were unhelpful, we were held up by traffic and arrived to be told that the the boat allocated to us had been given to the people in front of us at the office queue, how can that happen with a big sign saying "Bookings Only". Mind you the boats that went out didn't look up too much either, and I speak with over 30 years of professional and leisure small boat experience. I recommend you look for one of the smaller local firms, where service and the customer counts.

6 Thank Simon B
strawbs85, Public Relations Manager at Barnes Brinkcraft, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
I have looked into this matter and as I understand it you were very late arriving and had not telephoned to let us know. From our point of view this was a 'no show' and of course, after a reasonable period of time the boat originally reserved for you was given to another customer.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Unreliabl booking system”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We booked a 4hr day boat for my sons 11th birthday during the school holidays the week before to avoid disappointment, on arriving to collect the boat we were rudely ignored and after having waited for 15 minutes we were told they had not received the booking,
they did however rub out someone elses name on a blackboard and added us to it, so we took the boat.
We decided to book again a week later as had our relatives come and stay.Guess what.......yes
we arrived to be told we were not booked in and the guys attitude stank (not bothered attitude)this had ruined our afternoon trip.We ended up having to use Broads tours who are totally professional
and polite.
Totally disgusted this could happen twuce in a fortnight having booked a week ahead both times!

7 Thank Vincent w
I am very disappointed to hear that your experience with Barnes Brinkcraft Day Boats did not live up to your expectation.

The Day Boat office does get very busy indeed during the summer holidays and unfortunately occasionally bookings do get missed off the system. However, I cannot understand how your booking was missed twice and for that and the poor customer service, I sincerely apologise.

By way of an apology I would like to offer you a Day Boat free of charge for 2 hours when you next visit the Broads. Please mention your Trip Advisor name - 'Vincent W' and I will make sure the Day Boat office is aware of this offer.
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Broken Throttle On Boat, Anniversary Treat Ruined”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We telephoned and Pre-booked a day boat for a couple of hours, we set off the 45 minute drive from our holiday cottage and were really excited as this was our anniversary treat. We arrived and got booked in by a gentleman who seemed a little stressed. We were given our life jackets and sent over to the boat we would be taking out, we had a quick guide on how to control the boat by a young lad and were sent on our way. We pulled away from the quay, we found straight away the windshield was very dirty and had a rope on it which was obscuring the view somewhat, eventually we got to the junction on the actual broads, it seemed to be taking an absolute lifetime to getting there, the boat was going very slow and was quite hard to control. As this was our first time skippering a boat we weren't sure if it was just the way boats are, until we started getting overtaken by other day boats and rowing boats. We then realised that, no there was clearly something wrong with the boat. We had to take the boat to the edge to try and get out of peoples way, as we were starting to clearly cause a few problems for other boat users by the speed we were going. I telephoned the engineer and told him what was happening, we were told he would come and get us, but as we literally hadn't managed to get very far, we told him we would come back in, he said he would organise another boat for us on our return. We slowly returned on what made us feel a journey of shame as we chugged along at a pace slower than a sleeping snail. We were greeted by the gentleman that had booked us in who informed us that the throttle seemed to not be working and that he was sorry he would have to give us a refund as there were no more boats. Firstly, I cannot understand why these boats aren't checked to ensure they are in fully working order between bookings & secondly I would have thought that more could have been done to try and find an alternative,or even to be offered to maybe to come back a couple of hours later when a boat was available. This was supposed to be a special occasion and something we had looked forward to and planned to do on a day that we knew the weather was going to be kind to us. I feel that the customer service was lacking a great deal, hardly a word was spoken to us as the refund was taking place and no other apology given. It spoilt our plans for that day and as people may realise the queues into Wroxham on a nice day are a nightmare. I personally would not use this company again, based on the service we recieved, I accept that boats encounter problems, but I do feel that it would have been a nice gesture to have been offered a boat later in the day.

6 Thank Yellowlass
strawbs85, Guest Relations Manager at Barnes Brinkcraft, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
I am very disappointed to hear that your experience with Barnes Brinkcraft Day Boats fell short of what you were expecting and spoiled your anniversary celebrations.

In the summer time the Day Boats turnaround in a very short space of time and if the previous hirer does not make us aware of a problem when they return, it is not always picked up before the next customer takes the boat. With regard to poor customer service, there is no excuse and for that I sincerely apologise.

By way of an apology I would like to offer you a Day Boat free of charge for 2 hours when you next return to the Broads. Please mention your Trip Advisor name - 'yellowlass' and I will make sure the Day Boat office is aware of this offer.