Left early as the place was very dirty and wasn't cleaned prior our visit....wasted alot of money on this place. Very disappointed and upset the family, as my son wanted to enjoy his holiday but couldn't. The owner is very unresponsive.
Good location. It is within walking distance to the town and it is very convenient to take broads tour river trips and go to BeWILDerwood. The flat is small, but comfy.
We booked Star Cottage way back in March 2016 after booking a restaurant for Christmas day lunch.
Being regulars on the boats on the Broads we wanted a riverside setting and the lovely lawned area on the riverfront was the main reason we chose the cottage. The close proximity to Hoveton Village was also beneficial.
We arrived on the 21st December as arranged at 15.00 hrs and wanted to leave after opening the hall door. The view out of the french windows was of a battle field!! We discussed walking away but this was not practical as we had driven 250 miles and had Christmas day arranged so after much discussion decided we would stay.
The owner, Jeremy Arnold, had advised us a few days before that he would be travelling to the cottage in the New Year to do some remedial work around the bath and wanted us to advise him of anything we spotted or thought a problem to allow him to attend to it. I therefore sent a photograph of the works ongoing outside the french window along with the pile driving of the new quay bank boards.
He replied he was amazed and did not know it had started. During the week we talked to other owners or lease holders and they advised they doubted that was true as they had been informed and advised their customers with the option to cancel or move. Starting such disruptive and noisy works several days before one of the high season periods makes no financial sense in my view and shows a total disregard for the customers.
I forwarded a few of the following items we noted but given there was no offer of any compensation coming forward didn't bother again.
1) The cooker extract doesn't work. We were advised it was not wired up only the lights of which one of the two worked.
2) The electric cooker top ring controls have no markings as to any settings and only 2 of the 4 "On" lights work. Dangerous in my view as they could be left on and things then placed on top including hands!
3) The sink tap has seen better days with the hot requiring a lot of pressure to stop it dripping and the cold requiring several turns before it will flow.
4) The microwave clunks and bangs when in use due to a wheel missing of the glass plate support.
5) The heating is supplied by fan heaters but the filters in the one by the hall door look as if they have never been cleaned and are restricting the air flow through the heater. Just hope it doesn't over heat.
6) Shame the armchair leather has been torn but we had furniture covers with us as we have a dog,
7) The flock effect wallpaper on the fireplace wall is dusty and dirty and needs a good cleaning.
8) The frying pans are in need of replacement especially the supposed non-stick that has been damaged over the years by the metal tools but these pale into insignificance when the oven tray is viewed.
9) The bathroom has absolutely no where to put anything. The only flat surface is the edge of the bath but looking at the mastic and mould may put you off. There is a glass holder which had a large glass balanced on top of it when we arrived. We swapped it for the correct one from the kitchen cupboard.
10) Bring wellies of there are going to be extra high tides as we had to paddle out of the car park on the Tuesday and it was in most of the day. Turned to ice the following morning when we left.
11) Be aware that if, like me, you sleep with the bedroom window ajar the metal plates on Wroxham bridge are noisy as the traffic starts to build up around 05.30.
Pleased to say that we still managed to enjoy our Christmas break to some extent but it was in no way thanks to the cottage which is a shame as it is in a great spot.
Had a 3 night stay which was booked as spur of the moment thing and was not disappointed with the accommodation. Great views along river and added bonus of wildlife right at your back door! Herons swans and geese regular visitors just outside french doors!
Bed comfy and plenty of towels are provided.
Parking right outside apartment too.
The water tank dripped all night and could be heard in the bedroom taps in kitchen and bathroom could do with new washers whe we arrived the bowl in the kitchen sink was full of water
Also work men staying in other cottages got up very early making quite a bit of noise waking us up.
We stayed for one week in mid September. The cottage is an end of terrace and was a little smaller than it appears in the photographs, but we managed ok.
Wroxham is a busy village with plenty of shops, cafe's and pubs so we were never short of things to do. The french doors look out onto a large grass area which is shared by the other cottages. Overall we had a pleasant weeks stay. On the negative side, the front door opens onto a covered porch and a raised pathway, there is no safety rail to stop anyone from accidentally falling about two feet to the gravel driveway. As it was September the sun was lower in the sky and never shone on the Grass area but it did at the front, it would have been nice to have sat on a bench by the front door to enjoy the sunshine. I wouldn't recommend for people with disabilities or families with young (toddler) children
After booking star cootage for a week in August for a surprise proposal to my girlfriend we have just returned home from a awesome week. The cootage it self is in a private estate with water surrounding the whole cootage. Even with a private car park with electric fob access. The cootage over looks wroxham broads right next to wroxham bridge and close to nolfork broads direct. We certainly enjoyed waking up to the beautiful scenery and geese and swans on the lawn just behind the cootage. We most nights sat in the evening in the garden for a drink or 2. We fed the geese and swans twice a day with bread with our little one who really enjoyed the experience.also a resident heron would be on the lawn most days. It was very tame as the residents fed him. The young boy fishing was catching small fish and feeding him. A great place to fish of your into that. I didnt do any fishing but wouldnt of minded having a go there after seeing everyone else doing it. The cootage is smaller than what we thought it would be. But is more than suitable for us. The living room is cozy and more and suitable for us. The kicthen is more than ideal. Has full utensils and cups plates etc. Cooker is fine..fridge freezer was a bit old. The frezzer is a bit rubbish didnt keep frozen stuff frozen. Yhe bedrooms are ideal and no problems I double comfy bed and plenty of storage space. The twin is the same as well. The bathroom consists of a toliet bath and in bath shower. This was very meesy when using the shower as water went every where even when using the curtain provided. The only thing we would say negative was that the area around wroxham was a bit run down. We eat from most places for dinner and didnt find up to standard we would prefer. I masive bonus is the shed 20 meters from the front door a quite pub with different ales and friendly service pool table darts.
Cootage 8.5 out of 10
Cleaning 6 out of 10
Location 9 out of 10
Would we stay again ? Yesssssssssss