“Bit worn out” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bamber Bridge
Watford, United Kingdom
“Bit worn out”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stay at Premier Inns quite a lot and this one is quite tired looking. Really friendly reception but she had been borrowed from the one over the road as they were short staffed. The worst thing about the Premier Inn is the pub attached to it. Although not run by them the service in it is woeful. I waited 20 minutes for a coffee, and there was no-one else in there, it was dirty with sticky tables even first thing in the morning. For that reason alone I would use the one the otherside of the road next time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

We just needed somewhere comfortable and convenient to stay to break our journey as Doncaster to Preston and back can be tiring all in one day. This Premier Inn was nearest to where our son lives without being in the city centre itself. We had a very warm welcome and introduced to how best to enjoy our stay. Our room was much bigger than I expected and very comfortable. Towels in the bathroom soft and pure white, very nice. Refreshment in the room was straight forward tea bags and coffee sachets and it would have been extra nice to have had some fruit/herbal tea bags available to choose from. As a treat though, there happened to be hot chocolate sachets and mini chocolate digestives all bagged up for two people to enjoy. These were fund raising items sold at reception for Great Ormond Street Hospital and we duly purchased and enjoyed them for our evening drink. Dual benefits all round. We had a lovely quiet night, as if we were the only people in residence ! Perfectly acceptable breakfast at The Poachers next door before we left for home. We would certainly do this again when we next visit our son as it is very reasonable in its pricing and good value for money in our book.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Mold
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Friendly reception. Comfortable and reasonably spacious room. Everything worked. It was quiet - hardly knew anyone else was there.
Breakfast in adjoining pub was perfectly acceptable and moderately priced - not cheap, but OK.
Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stopped here for three days, On First impressions as you walk thought the door, you can smell the Air fresher, on just walking down the corridor on ground level they have 5 of the air freshener machines you see in Pub Toilets,( you ask yourself what are they trying to hide), On enter the hotel room I found out, it smells of cold damp). The room is very DATED, with chipboard celling’s, for some reason the bathroom light switch is next to the main door, ( by the way it needs the switch checking I kept getting shocks and tripping it out )
All rooms suffer from Condensation. It stated all rooms have been Insulation against noise, yes from the outside maybe, but every single movement your neighbouring room makes you hear, if you’re on the ground floor you get it from both sides and above.. The rooms also still use a Key! No Key Card, so you have to lug this great big keyring around with you.
The good I found is the team, all have been friendly apart from one guy who normally works overnight think we interrupted him playing on his phone… So Whitbread its time to get your refurb team down here and start the work, get it up to your normal standard. The pub attached to here, the evening meals are amazing!!, if you don’t want to pay £8.25 for breakfast Sainsbury’s is across a small road offering breakfast for £5.40 inc Drink.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Stockton on Tees England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Thank you for one of the most pleasant and comfortable nights sleep I have had
What can I say
Well from going in the front door to a lovely warm friendly smile from the Lady on reception
To leaving the following day
It was just perfect
The room was immaculately clean
Bathroom the same
The bed made to perfection and the bedding well looked after clean and cared for
The staff which I met a few of with needing help and advice
Where the most pleasant smiling friendly polite people I have met
The Poachers (I hope I have the name right)next door where I had breakfast in the morning
Continued in the same way as Premier Inns Staff
Lovely warm friendly smiles
The Breakfast that was well worth the money I paid
A bargain in itself (plus the bonus of a FEE child meal with every adult meal)(Also wacky warehouse and play area onsite if you take children)
Who can complain
Certainly not I
You do get 5 star treatment in some places now and again
Well here They certainly gave me 5 star treatment and more
I did not feel like a customer as you sometimes do
I felt that the treatment I was given was second to none
I was not just some customer
I was Special
So again my Thank to all the Staff I met on my visit on 28/29 October 2013
I shall be trying another Premier Inn next month to see if this is a one of Hotel and Unique in its own way
So watch out for my comments for (Premier Inn NR John Lennon Airport)this after 20 November 2013

Room Tip: For a good nights sleep and comfort this is the place to stay
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed for 2 nights last weekend. We was in Liverpool Saturday and Blackpool Sunday so needed a based next to the motorway, The staff checking in on reception very friendly and helpful, room smaller than used to for a premier inn but clean and tidy but at £29 for each night how can you pick any faults! Had a room at the back and no noise whatsoever, didn't eat at the pub next door. Would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
bedford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Stayed here for one night on 11th October and having read some of the other reviews I was pleasantly surprised. The staff on reception were very polite and helpful and were very responsive to our request for a couple more teabags and coffee so we could have a couple of extra drinks. I think the room we had may well have been refurbished. May be worth asking for a room over looking the car park as it was a bit noisy as we had the window open and it's right on the road. Ate dinner in the pub next door. Food is a bit 'something' with chips, but having said that it was freshly cooked and actually quite good. Lots of offers on the food such as £10 for two main meals as well. We also had breakfast, service was excellent and although there is no hot buffet we were asked if we wanted more hot food after we had finished the first lot. My only gripe is the same with all Premier Inns. Please turn the heating down! It's always far too hot for me in the rooms, but overall a good stay.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the car park and not the road as if the room is hot you will need to open...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
#9 of 15 in Preston
Brook House Hotel
Brook House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Clayton-le-Woods

Been to Premier Inn Preston South (Cuerden Way) Hotel? Share your experiences!