“Dont Bother”

Withy Arms
Price range: US$4 - US$24
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Withy Arms is the only Freehouse Pub in the Village of Bamber Bridge, near Preston.Decorated in a modern shabby chic style, this strictly no swearing venue offers a relaxed and safe environment complemented by friendly and smartly dressed staff, creating a welcoming atmosphere. Food is Served Monday to Saturday Lunchtime 12:00 - 2pm, Evening Service 6pm - 9pm, Sunday All Day 12:00 - 9pm, with the open plan kitchen visible from the dining areas being complemented by a choice of 6 Cask Ales, 5 Continental Lagers, Wines and Rijo Coffees.Bookings are advisable at weekends.If our Car Park is full there is additional car parking opposite.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had had such a lovely meal here before Christmas that we visited the sister pub in Leyland soon after that opened and although the staff were very friendly in the Leyland pub and even brought water for my daughters dog we did not feel the food was as good as here.
We visited this venue on a Sunday, after a long tedious journey home, about 4pm on spec, so had not booked. The waitress said yes they could fit us in and we were seated. She took our order for drinks fairly quickly and said she would be back for our food order. We thought the place seemed to have more drinkers in than before and it was quite noisy but that is okay. We waited about 20 minutes, caught her eye and she promised to get to us, and this happened about 4 times. At this point I said we are leaving and went to the bar to pay for the drinks. We explained we had waited far too long and were leaving. The assistant behind the bar said she could take our order if we could stay. We did, and were sorry after. My Sunday Chicken dinner was a disappointment my portion of chicken couldn't have been smaller and there was nothing to recommend it. As it is now two months since our visit all we now remember is disappointment and sorry we went. I do not know how it can be so good then serve up such rubbish. We get a better meal at the square deal pubs. So sad.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I recently visited my son at Uni in Preston at UCLan.
We wanted to have a nice meal out so I thought I should use trip adviser as I don't know anywhere in Preston.
I was so pleased to find the Withy Arms the food was stunning! Excellent value for money. The staff were friendly and attentive but not pushy.

2  Thank ColinJP65
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Staying at the Holiday Inn Express about five minutes away. Looked this pub up on Tripadvisor and it's number one. Quite rightly so!
Just make sure you go in the right "Withy"...there are two almost opposite eachother and the other is a drinking pub only.
Right one discovered and a warm welcome awaits. Best to book as it's getting full already.
Great choices and specials to tempt you.
The rump steak thought it was a fillet. Served on creamy mash. Fantastic and good value too.
Well recommended.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We went in for a Sunday Lunch at The Withy Arms I had Beef my husband had Lamb, both were excellent the meal included four different veg : Cauliflower Cheese, Broccoli, Carrots & Suede, Runner Beans wrapped in Bacon, lashings of gravy and plenty of roasted potatoes and a plentiful amount of Beef /Lamb, and of course Yorkshire Pudding we could not fault it. I was full but could not resist having a desert from the 'Specials Board' Homemade Donuts with chocolate dipping sauce and a bannoffee milk shake. 'What a treat'. We ate here during the week and we were equally pleased, our compliments go out to the Chef Mat and to the very helpful and attentive staff. I can confidently recommend the Withy Arms

1  Thank Carole F
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We where on our way home from Cornwall to Fife Scotland stopped of at bamber bridge had an excellent meal friendly staff.well worth the money coke a bit dear though.