“lovely staff and brilliant recommendations!”

Holiday Inn Express Preston South
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bamber Bridge
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Three of us were down on a busines trip and we stayed here for 5 nights. The hotel was well looked after and the staff were amazing. We fancied a indian and asked the staff to recommend us a good curry house, they sent us to the naaz in bamber bridge and said they highly reccomend it. So we went down and had a beautiful dinner and we see why they reccomend it to us. Our rooms were well looked after and cleaned regularly. Definitely reccomend this place if you need some where to stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Preston South

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the one night in early May.

The hotel itself is situated just off the motorway and there is a large Holiday Inn Express sign visible just as you come off the slip road when coming from the north. The hotel is next door to the Preston car auction.

There was plenty of space in the car park whilst the area was clean and well presented. Inside the reception area is spacious and modern. I was greeted within a few seconds and was checked in quickly.

My room was on the first floor and on first glance it looked very nice with the new style Holiday Inn Express design of darker wood and lighter carpets. However on closer look there were a few maintenance issues that needed to be attended to. There was a rip in the bedside lamp shade, a bulb out whilst in the bathroom the corner of the cistern lid was broken and there was no handle inside the shower cubicle and to close you had to pull the door closed at the top. There was also no soap in the dispenser at the handbasin. The room had been cleaned and there were no cleanliness issues which was good.

In the evening dinner is available in the bar area and there is a good choice of dishes available which were reasonably priced. I ordered the lasagne which looked and tasted very nice. It was of good quality and was not a cheap microwave meal which was a real positive.

I had a good nights sleep and during the night there was no excessive noise or disturbances. I kept the window open as it was quite warm. The motorway noise could be heard in the background, however it wasn't very loud.

The usual Holiday Inn Express breakfast is available complimentary in the morning which included continental and the normal three hot items (sausages, beans and scrambled eggs) which was of a good standard and was a good start to the day.

On the whole the stay was enjoyable and I would stay again as I had a good nights sleep and the room was clean although a few maintenance issues need to be addressed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Preston South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Chris M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the room. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights with my husband for a short break.Very nice and clean hotel with friendly staff. Our room was spacey with a lovely bathroom and comfortable bed. Breakfast was a bonus which was quite a lot of choices which you can't ask for more with that price.
All in all a brilliant stay and would 100% stay again if I returned to the area.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Elaine G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Preston South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Deerwood

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with your guest feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Preston South.

I am sorry that the decor did not suit your taste, IHG has chosen this modern contemporary feel as their brand standard for all of their Hotels throughout the UK and Europe and as the owners of the Hotel, we must follow their selection, as a brand standard.

In addition, this too, effects the selection we offer for the "Express Start" breakfast. We are only permitted to offer 3 Hot items ( scramble Eggs, Sausages and Beans) and then cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, fruit segments, cheeses, pastries and breads. This we offer to all our guests free and is part of the brand assets.

With regards to the AC, I do apologise if your room was cold, We have been experiencing some problems with the compressor - which does only effect a few of our rooms. The maintenance engineer was there on Friday and thought he had resolved all issues - so I assure you I will get that investigated by the Guest Service Manager immediately.

The free wi-fi still remains free for all guests who wish to send emails and do any research on the web. We only decided to charge for any guest wishing to stream or download data ( which again in permitted by IHG) as this does slow down the system for all other guests).

I do hope this response has addressed your issues with the Hotel and I do hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed here on route to another destination, served as a good stop off point. Excellent value for money. Breakfast basic but is complementary. Employees were very friendly, would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank chrissmith75
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed for two nights over Easter and I was a bit apprehensive that for a family short break this hotel was the right choice. How wrong I was. We had two interconnecting rooms, the rooms were spacious, well designed and very clean.The "free" breakfast was nothing special, but adequate. The food was tasty and plentiful with a choice of cereals, toast, sausages,scrambled egg, beans and pastries. We ate in the hotel both nights. Again the food was tasty but the menu was limited. It was nice because it meant that our son could go back to his room and we did not have to worry about having a drink and driving. Every staff member we came across was very polite and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Having just come back from this hotel all I can say is superb value for money, I literally could not find any fault with this hotel it must of undergone a reform because the rooms were finished to a good standard especially the bathroom! . I searched for a spec of dust and not one could be found anywhere.
The staff were all extremely friendly and did anything to help.
All I could pick up on was the aircon in the room would not stay on but I did not ask for this to be seen to so can not complain! All in all a very satisfied customer and an enjoyable weekend.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed here for one night on a business trip and found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating. The hotel is near the motorway with very clean, yet comfortable and spacious rooms. The breakfast is nothing special and those who like to indulge on their first meal of the day should seek their foodie pleasure elsewhere off site. If in the area, I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Preston Marriott Hotel
Preston Marriott Hotel
#6 of 15 in Preston
Best Western Plus Samlesbury Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Preston South? Share your experiences!