“breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2014

lovely breakfast after stopping at the travelodge, excellent attentive staff. and bottomles drinks many thanks

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We went for breakfast at around 11am on a Sunday, place is very small and was full. We had booked beforehand but still had a short wait whilst they cleared the table, drinks took over 20 minutes after ordering to arrive it was a coke and a tea! Food arrived relatively quickly and was ok - ingredients are cheap & low quality but portions are massive. The environment is excessively noisy as too many people are packed in to a small room the only thing separating our table from the next was a flimsy bit of dividing wood. But brunch for three was only £26. If you are going I would suggest booking as others turning up we're told a 30min wait and there is no waiting area.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit. Never again. Kids meals were ok, hot dog and ribs. They ate them anyway. My wife had a chicken salad, I had some grease filled slop that was supposed to be a pastrami sandwich. I rarely leave food. This was so bad I left it. The chicken salad was a side salad and a piece of fried chicken. And a bowl of chips, which we explicitly asked not to receive. If you love grease and you want to eat poorly prepared food then fill your boots. Waitress wasn't interested and didn't even check all was ok. Go elsewhere.

2  Thank 71marnia66
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I have tried to find a positive note to leave about this Buddies but I can't. I have been several times with my family and with friends too, each time finding the service horrific and the food presented badly, or not even what was ordered in the first place! The restaurant itself is great to look at but doesn't seem to be "managed". I want to say because the staff are being lazy the service is so bad, but I think they're run off their feet.
Upon my last visit we went solely for a 'Mars in the Stars'. We arrived at 8.30pm and were warned the restaurant would be closing at 9pm, but after saying we only want pudding we were welcomed in. 15 minutes later our order was taken and just after 9pm what can only be described as vanilla ice cream with squirty cream on top arrived. I asked the waitress if there was a reason why we were paying £5 for vanilla ice cream and she advised that the kitchen starts closing down at 8.30pm so that was probably the case. A £1 discount was applied to the puddings but a bit of honesty when we arrived would have gone a lot further. Safe to say I will travel Northampton Buddies in future as this one just makes a mockery of the brand.

2  Thank LittleLambs
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I went to Buddies Diner today for the first time for breakfast with my family as it was my birthday. It was very busy I loved the atmosphere and all the American decorations. The service wasn't the quickest and they gave us fresh eggs because the first lot were very over cooked but the servings were very generous and there was a great choice. I loved it just because it was different and very good value, I look forward to going again soon.