Sedirli Ev
  • Pool
Masal Alacati(Alacati)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsat homethe ownerbed and breakfastmakes you feelfeel like familygreat recommendationsnight stayfeel comfortablemin drivelocation is greatafternoon teabreakfast was amazingzeynepbeachesyardsurf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Stayed in this hotel with my family in June 2011. A lovely hotel with a true sense of style. Zeynap made us all feel very welcome and offered us tea and little cakes on arrival. Nothing was too much trouble for her. She also made terrific recommendations for where to eat in Alacati. We will definitely return as soon as we can!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Sedirli Ev is a great place, all stone walls and beautiful furnishings with a modern crescent swimming pool all lovingly run by Zeynep. Because we visited outside the main holiday season, we were able to choose the bedroom we wanted which was a nice touch. The rooms themselves are impressive - large, yet very homely.

We were only there for two days, but unfortunately I managed to get some food poisoning and lost our main day there lying in bed. When my wife went down for breakfast and said I was ill, Zeynep put together a small platter of food and water. She also checked to see how I was doing. The following day we had to get a bus to Selcuk via Izmir which left us with little time to see the bits we had missed when I was ill. Out of kindness she took us round in her car to proudly show off the town and surrounding areas.

On the day we arrived, we walked the short distance into Alacati which can be flooded with Turkish glitterati at the height of summer. The scenic stroll takes you into Alacati past the small corner mosque in it's own little flower covered courtyard, along the lilting, picture book lanes of Hacimemis and up through the renovated old stone houses and small deli cafes.

The one thing to note is that some places were not yet open when we arrived there in mid May, so there were limits on what we could eat. Overall though, Alacati is a great place and the warmth and hospitality of Sedirli Ev will make your stay even better!!!

Room Tip: The rooms we saw were all very similar.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2011

The first time I went to Sedirliev was just a coincidence. I had to spend a weekend in Alaçati and a friend had recommended it. So I had no clue where am I going to stay. But from the very first moment in this cozy typical stone mansion, where I arrived rather late in the evening, I felt myself “at home”. Not only because of the very personal decoration, but also because of the warm welcome of the stuff.
Since it was sort of “off season” then, I was almost the only person staying there. So I was brought to one of the 4 rooms in the main house. Later I found out that there are two more separate rooms in the garden. My room was large and decorated in the same personal and cozy style as the entrance hall.
But the real surprise was the next day. Sedirliev is not just a bed&breakfast, but a real “home” with Zeynep, being everything of this warm atmosphere.
My first stay was such a wonderful experience that I took few weeks later my family and my friends there. Again for a weekend. But this time I knew what was expecting me. I was only wondering whether my wife and the friends would share my so positive opinion. The following two days were like a dream: the kids were jumping in the pool we were having tea after tea besides our delicious breakfast. Evenings enden infront of the fire place with long chats. Zeynep was not only taking care of us in the hotel, but guided us all over in Alaçati
As we were heading the aero port Sunday in the afternoon, we all were sad to leave a friend and a warm home behind us. The only reconciliation will be our next visit!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2011

These was the first words which came out of my mouth. It is beautiful, friendly and Zeynep makes you feel as one of her family. From the welcome to the quality of the rooms everything is perfect. The difference with other hotels is that Zeynep does not let some staff take care of you; she literally adopts you and it only takes minutes before we got into conversations about her European education, our parents, travels and all conversations old friends would have. She will help you sample some of the best wines in the region, light a fire for you and is the perfect, generous hostess. She is living her dream and wants you to share it. Great garden and pool, superb breakfast; do not let the view of the elevated highway nearby distract you. This is a gem.

Room Tip: Zeynep's parents bedroom.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2011

We spent an unforgettable four nights in Sedirli Ev. Zeynep's wonderful hospitality and the friendly disposition of her staff really turned this holiday in the Turkish Aegean from excellent to wonderful. Every detail was looked after, from the personal touch which had our names on a chalkboard welcoming us to Sedirli Ev, to the delicious Turkish breakfasts prepared to perfection and with our every preference in mind. The rooms are beautifully decorated and with all the comforts a guest could want. High-quality matresses, comforters, pillows and a spacious and modern bathroom provide the most perfect sleep and rest after days spent discovering the charming town of Alaçati and its surroundings. Well-located, it served as the ideal spot out of which to visit Cesme, Ephesus and the many charming coastal towns nearby. Sedirli Ev is a short ten minute stroll to the quaint and charming village of Alaçati, which has a surprising variety of cafes, restaruants, shops and bars.

Zeynep's knowledge of the area allowed us to travel to amazing places in the area we never would have discovered on our own such as a vineyard nearby and a tiny fishing village, or a charming market nearby.

In the evenings, we knew we could get home and have a nice glass of wine or a tea by the fire.

What a wonderful four nights. We already miss Zeynep and Sedirli Ev and it has only been a couple of days since we've been back.

All this to say that this were four days we will never forget.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple