“Fantastic combination of great hospitality, elegance accomodation and cozy atmosphere!”
Review of Sudan Palas

Sudan Palas
Ranked #95 of 211 Alacati B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2012

After a long long web search amongst Alacati boutique hotels, staying in Su´dan Palas; experiencing the soul and atmosphere there, was far far beyond our expectations. Su´dan raised the bar in terms of comfort, hospitality and food at an extremely high level that forsure It is going to be quite hard for us to keep that satisfaction level. Therefore we have decided to plan vacation at Su´dan as a tradition for the upcoming holidays even in the winter, spring or summer time. We have stayed in the suit room during our stay however were quite lucky that we had chance to see the other rooms as well. All the rooms have their own souls in an odd, in an extraordinary way with amazing decorative details, all are minimalist. all are reflecting a decent romance catching you from the first sight. The excellent breakfast, with all delicious cheeses, olives, jams, lemon & banana souces (my favorite), best ever tasted brownies (each time with a different preparation) was an unique experience by itself. Also the warm and classy hospitality of Leyla, excellence espresso courtesies of Baris and all the polite approaches of all hotel staff helped us to spent an amazing holiday time beyond comparison. We also strongly recommend you to experience dinner atmosphere and taste all delicious food, nice coctails at the neighbor Su´dan Restaurant with reasonable prices. Su´dan hotel has been increased to our first ranking and become our the most favorite hotel. Thanks for making this happen. C u soon & Cheers! Ozge-Banu

Room Tip: All rooms are quite excellent in an odd, in an extraordinary way with amazing decorative details, a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank DenizOzgeUlusoy

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Mine hostes and owner Leyla hnm manages to create a relaxed and welcoming environment yet the standards of su'dan s accommodation and dining are first class . Each room has it's own character and have been tastefully furnished . With high ceilings and efficient AC , they are a perfect refuge after an afternoon on the beach .
Presently Sudan is fortunate to have 2 international chefs working in the kitchen and these days dinner at Sudan is easily the best in Alacati and Sudan has sourced some very interesting and impressive local wines .
With friendly , obliging staff who can't do enough for u Leyla hnm provides a wonderful experience for even the most discerning customer

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2012

This boutique hotel was fabulous in every way. Our room was beautifully designed with a gorgeous teacup tub and floor to ceiling windows. The balcony opened up above a charming street and the hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood, just minutes away from the bustle of Alicati. The breakfast is worth the stay in itself! A gorgeous twist on the traditional Turkish breakfast with local cheeses, olives, homemade jams, a perfect omelette as well as other delights. Leyla and her staff are wonderful- they were super helpful in offering advice on restaurants and beaches. We loved it so much we're going back for a few more nights. This is one of our most favorite places we have ever stayed.

PS I heard they're having intimate nightly dinners for 20 in the garden soon...we hope to attend one.

Reviewed 15 June 2012

The otel was better than I expected, especially the breakfast amazed me it was wonderful.
They respect the historical texture and masterly adapt the modern facilities inside the rooms. It was a great experience for me, I recommend the Palas mostly for couples. And you should consider the Alacati's nostalgic and lovely environment to choose the Palas.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

We really didn't know what to expect when booking in Alacati...or Sudan Palas
When you arrive you have to drive through little charming streets and when eventually find yourself at the hotel/guesthouse you really don't know what to expect. It is all a surprise...a really good one.
The "lobby" area is so creatively designed and the rooms are extra-ordinary. Large, bright and spacious. We were fortunate to stay in the suite but also had a chance to check out the other room (the double) which has one of the best bathrooms I have ever seen in a hotel.
The breakfast in the morning is casual and delicious - an assortment of traditional Turkish breakfast cheeses, bread, olives etc. and fresh squeezed orange juice.
Location is ideal - there are hotels that are in the center of town but Sudan Palas is still only a 3-5 minute walk and we actually preferred the stores and scenery around our hotel over the ones in the central square.
Overall, a super unique experience in one of the most gorgeous towns. Don't hesitate to book a room here - you will not regret it!

Reviewed 14 May 2012

I am in danger of gushing about this lovely place. From the moment we arrived and entered through the jasmine-trellised door, I knew my husband and I were in for a treat. For starters, the owner upgraded us because we were the only guests (a great perk of going off-season!). The room was full of old-world charm accented with well-placed contemporary design. There were interesting details, like the roll-down curtains covered in definitions for words like "love" and "windmill" in Turkish and English and the interesting light fixtures hanging from the ceiling. The bed was one of the most comfortable of my life, and in the morning, you awake to a bright, ethereal white room. The best feature of all, however, was the giant bathtub in the bathroom. It's like steeping in a huge, luxurious teacup, or you can have a shower with the enormous fixture from the ceiling. There were bunches of lavender in the bathroom and bedroom, so there was a calming smell infusing the rooms.

Another feature that sets this hotel apart is the BREAKFAST. My husband and I are Turkish breakfast connoisseurs (we explore the breakfast scene in Istanbul every Sunday!), so our standards are high. This breakfast blows everything out of the water. We were treated to a full spread both days (slight variations each), with gourmet versions of some of the old standards: cherry tomatoes with mint, drizzled in olive oil; several kinds of cheeses; grilled hellim; fresh-squeezed orange juice; homemade rosemary bread; homemade quince and citrus preserves; kaymak; a spicy dish of red pepper, tomato, pickled lemons, walnuts, and ricotta; spun honey; white cheese with peppers; two kinds of olives; simit; one day an omelet with cheese, peppers, and some kind of Iranian berry, one day the best scrambled eggs I've ever had (my husband and I are still trying to figure out what she did to those eggs). YOU CAN STAY HERE FOR THE BREAKFAST ALONE! I am not exaggerating.

Finally, the best recommendation for Sudan Palas is its owner, Leila. She was helpful in so many ways, and really made our stay unforgettable. She helped us get a car. She offered 2 fabulous recommendations for places to eat. My only regret is that her own restaurant is not yet open this early in the season... I'm sure it's a foodie heaven. She actually helped us order at Cafe Agrilia, because she was there herself, and her suggestions were spot on. This lady knows gourmet food! After telling her how good the wine was, she was able to order us two bottles the next day. AND, to top it off, she allowed us to stay in the room until 6 PM on the day of our departure because there were no other guests. This allowed us to go to the beach and go swimming one last time. She didn't have to do that.

Adding to the other details, the common room is a comfortable place designed in the exact way that I would if it were my place. I liked the open aesthetic with a few well-placed antiques in faded colors, the stacks of National Geographics, the two Vespas parked inside (not sure if this was part of the interior design, but it worked!), the old tree branches, the iron grating hung on the walls, and her friendly dogs playing on the floor. Very stylish without being stuffy. Fits with the character of the town. AND the location is perfect: a little off the beaten path (in what is the best part of town, in my opinion), but only 5 minutes walk to the hub of activity.

I can't recommend Sudan Palas or Alaçatı enough. We got exactly what we were hoping for: a quiet, relaxing weekend in a beautiful village with amazing food. I have heard that the village becomes overrun in July and August, so everyone says that May (borderline June) and September are the best times to go. We could even swim in the lovely 1 km beach by the Sheraton Hotel. I hope to go back again in September or October!

Room Tip: Get the room with the huge bathtub!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laurel G
LeylaTabrizi, Owner at Sudan Palas, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2012

Dear Guest :)

Thank you so much for this flattering review :) It was a pleasure to have you guys stay here.
Visiting Alaçatı during low season is the best but it's a shame you missed out on our restaurant which was not open in May.

Thank you again for taking time to write this feedback and hope to see you back in Alaçatı soon ;)

Kind regards,

Leyla Tabrizi

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Great location, magnificent host, rooms with character and charm. The breakfast is something to die for.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo