“Brilliant Beyevi”
Review of BeyEvi Hotel

BeyEvi Hotel
Ranked #7 of 72 Hotels in Alacati
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stepping into the Beyevi hotel is like entering a good friend’s home. The warmth of the welcome, the superb hospitality, the fine cuisine and most of all, the friendliness and attentiveness of Celal, his wife and the rest of his team make you feel like an honoured houseguest.

We’ve just spent two weeks at the hotel where we enjoyed one of our best ever holidays. We were thoroughly spoilt by the staff whose sense of fun was a daily joy. As well as keeping us fed and watered from dawn to dusk they organised trips to Ephesus, a local winery and to nearby beach clubs. They made all of the recommendations and bookings for local restaurants and on one occasion even walked with us to make sure we found one tucked away establishment.

Couple all of that with Alaçati’s renowned cooling wind, its beautiful setting, elegant shopping and fantastic wining and dining and you have what for us are all the essential ingredients required for a fabulous holiday.

So thank you Celal and your wife, and Mehmet, Onur, Eren and the rest of the team. It truly was a holiday we will remember always.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Brian A
There are newer reviews for BeyEvi Hotel

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have just returned home from my visit to Otel Beyevi and i am missing it allready The owner Celel and his lovely wife have a Beautiful Gem in paradise and what a pleasure it was to visit this place from the minute we arrived we were treated like friends not only by Celel but the lovely staff. Mehmet, Onur, Eren,Rajeb and the lovely young girl on reception all were just great so a big HELLO to all of them, there are a lot of staff working hard behind the scenes too so what a great job they do as well, The Hotel was spotless and every night we loved to be back for 5pm as they served beautiful cake and tea , a lovely gesture. Celel booked restaurants for us to try and advised us on where to eat so it made things easier for us as there are so many to choose from, but also have meals at the Bey evi as food is great and the red wine what can i say was just perfect. Celel took us to the beach and a tour about looking at other beaches, he left us to spend time sunning ourselves and then gave us a lift back to the hotel so thats service for you, but to Celel it was just normal to do these lovely gestures. Please anyone who is looking for amazing hotel great service, relaxation,and great food then the Bey evi is for you, I just cant fault this Hotel a full five stars from me, you can look at all the photos which is easy to see but what you cant see is the warmth and personality of this place you will have to visit it to feel it.

Pauline Marshall vist from 12th July to 19th Jul;y 2014

Room Tip: all the rooms are fabulous but room 11 opens out onto the pool area so lovely view in a morning and...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank paulinam12014
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I travel a lot and stay in many hotels during the year. When friends invited me to stay - for pleasure - at "another hotel" at first I wasn't excited about spending my vacation that way, but the Beyevi is most certainly not "another hotel", but something very special! Excellent spot in the quiet part of the village, very nice, tasteful atmosphere and above all EXCELLENT personal service; not the kind of "because you paid we will be nice service" but spontaneous, pro-active efforts to make your stay truly enjoyable. Simple, delightful food made from fresh ingredients and an excellent collection of local wines that should be tried. Thinking about going back to visit some of the vineyards. I can only highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: talk to the owner - Celal - and discuss what you would like; they have amazing choices with unique r...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Frank H
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Beyevi was recommended to me as the best place to stay in Alacati but my expectations were exceeded in every way. The location at the quiet end of the main street is perfect. The decor of the hotel is beautifully tasteful and all areas of the hotel have a casual but sophisticated ambience. It is at once luxurious and relaxing. The pool area located in the central courtyard is a peaceful and beautiful place to read a book, cool off in the pool, take breakfast or a drink before dinner. The restaurant was surprisingly good and the "lokum" steak dish was easily the best meat dish I have tried anywhere in Turkey in the many years I have travelled here. My room was generous, airy, clean and well appointed. Most importantly, and what made Beyevi stand out from many other beautiful boutique hotels in which I have stayed, was the exceptional service provided by Celal and his attentive staff. This included good and honest recommendations of which restaurants to visit (a rarity in hotels these days), offers of a lift to and from the beach, waiters who played with my young daughters while we ate breakfast and too many other examples to mention. They went above and beyond what could reasonably be expected. They were friendly and polite, unobtrusive but exceptionally attentive. Celal, the owner, made it his daily business to make his guests feel welcome and relaxed with personal attention to ensure their satisfaction both in the hotel and outside. I recommend Beyevi as a great hotel and excellent value. I wish Celal and his team all the very best.

Room Tip: My family had rooms in the old building above the reception and they were quiet and comfortable. Ver...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I write this review as we are nearing the end of an 11 night stay. The Otel Bey Evi is truly a wonderful reflection of the owner Celal's personality. The building, the staff, Celal and his wife are so welcoming and charming it is hard to find fault with anything. The building is beautiful, rustic and typical of the Alacati area. The staff are attentive, gracious and eager to please. Their English may not be perfect but it is far superior to my Turkish, and I got everything that I requested. The rooms are spacious, serene and have everything you need for your stay including a fabulous hairdryer ! Whilst we have been here Celal organised a trip to Ephesus, with wine tasting at a local winery together with transport. He took time to show us on a map where the best resturants, beaches and places of interest are. He even offered to take us to the beach himself! He is by far the most hospitable hotel owner I have ever met. Afternoon tea is served by the poolside each day, delicious cakes and chef made tahini pittas! All of the staff have made our stay an extremely enjoyable experience that we would like repeat again and again!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jayne C
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Our stay at the Otel BeyEvi has been awesome. Purely for the personal friendly service provided by the owner Calal and his amazing team of staff. Calal is attentive and makes a conscious effort with each of his guests and can offer advice of the surrounding area and local restaurants. Afternoon tea and cake is particularly nice touch which is religiously served poolside at 5pm.

His staff are polite, friendly and attentive and will go out there way to accommodate your needs, they made our holiday a delight.

The rooms are of a high standard and in keeping with the whole rustic charm of Alacati itself. I was particularly impressed with the hairdryer, a minor detail I know, but normal pathetic hotel hairdryers can be annoying. The BeyEvi provides very good ones!!!

Overall we were very impressed and would go back tomorrow if we could! We love Otel BeyEvi!!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Helen P
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I hate to be "that" person but I really must say I was incredibly disappointed by my stay at Beyevi. Of course we made the most of it and enjoyed our trip, but it certainly could have been better had the service been acceptable.

First of all let's talk about the good points... the location is perfect and the hotel grounds are incredible. Beautiful setting, nice details and presentation, all you would expect from a boutique hotel… except the service. I live in a beautiful place so for me the setting isn't enough. I also spent many years working in the hospitality service and grew up in a region know for tourism so, I know what to expect. My friend works in Hotel finance and evaluates hotel properties around the world. I am not one of those unfair people who has a bad experience and wants to rant for hours, it's just that it was truly bad from the moment I stepped off the plane. My dear friend was visiting from San Francisco and I live in Istanbul and was able to have a quick escape from the city.

The "private driver" was not only not waiting for me, he came 45 minutes late, the same amount of time it would have taken in a taxi. He was nice enough, and made lots of excuses (the rain..) but what bothered me the most is they said he would be 10 minutes late…. not 45. When I called the hotel to ask for their help (She couldn't really speak English) she didn't even know how much a taxi would be. NOT helpful. Really it was just one thing after another.

My friend arrived one day before (also having a nightmare with the driver who was at the wrong terminal..) We asked for a restaurant recommendation, which should be a normal thing, and she hands us a card for the restaurant across the street, the same exact one she recommended my friend the night before. The other staff were very genuine and sweet but the lack of English is quite a challenge. Look I understand we are in Turkey but they should at least know the things on the menu, like eggs.

Perhaps it was an off week or something… We had bad luck with the weather, so while we sat in the lobby deciding what to do in the pouring rain we chatted to a Swiss couple also staying there. They agreed with our experience with the service… They told us when they ask the front desk girl if she had idea on what they could do she recommended... "all the various water sports you will find at the beach". IT was POURING rain the entire day… water sports, really? My friend had spoken to the owner who she said was very nice and engaging her first day, she mentioned we wanted to wine taste and I would be arriving the next day. He said perhaps he would drive her to pick me up then we could go wine tasting, they could discuss it over breakfast the next morning …. We never saw or heard from him again until we were on our way to the airport… In our "private car" with NO AC. actually boiling hot, miserable first half hour in the car. Before we left we asked a few times about the wine tasting.. should we make an appointment exc exc. the girl at the front (I am not sure she actually understood us) said no. Of course, we arrived, no one was anywhere to be found to help us (we had limited time as we needed to catch an international flight) finally the owner of Beyevi called me to say the manager would come help, then he proceeded to make excuses about the bad service, on and on and on, keeping me on the phone in the precious last moments I had with my friend.

Anyway, I am not sure what happened or perhaps I have too high of expectations but I have stayed in hotels around the world, and for me the reason I go stay at a hotel is to be pampered by service. The service was so bad it became laughable by the end. I guess I just have bad luck?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank LynseyB3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alacati
Alacati Kapari Hotel
Alkoclar Alacati Exclusive
1850 Hotel Alacati
1850 Hotel Alacati
#3 of 72 in Alacati

Been to BeyEvi Hotel? Share your experiences!