and this is what we received on arrival. The Inn used to be a Bank and has retained many of the fine old features, Our room was decorated and furnished to a superior standard with very big bed and spacious bathroom. The breakfasts were very, very good, the fruity or nutty porriage with honey and cream was exceptional , my favourite was the scrambled eggs and smoked salmon - best I every tasted.
We had planned this short break to co-incide with my husband's birthday, and Leontine helped make it more memorable with a little surprise which was very much appreciated..
Leontine's knowledge of the area in terms of us getting the best from our short stay was invaluable, her customer care is second to none.
Next door is the Dufferin Arms, a very popular local bar and restaurant,, and again we were make to feel very welcome. The food was delicious with local sourced ingredients, (try the langustines). My husband enjoyed his birthday dinner, a big thank you to the staff at the Dufferin Arms for putting up a banner, providing a little cake with a candle and everyone sang happy birthday. The bar is renowned for its live music, and we had three of the best nights ever, listening and joining in with some of the best muscians in Northern Ireland, Tom, Michael, Charlie and I think Wayne to name but a few.
A big thank you to everyone for the hospitality shown to us , we will certainly be back to stay in the Dufferin Coaching Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An award-winning B&B and enchanting event venue situated in the picturesque village of Killyleagh, Co Down, Northern Ireland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Dufferin Coaching Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dufferin Coaching Hotel Killyleagh
- Dufferin Coaching Inn Killyleagh, Northern Ireland