“The Duff, Killyleagh”

Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Killyleagh
Price range: US$4 - US$32
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Dufferin Arms is famous throughout Northern Ireland for its great food, perfect Guinness, live music and the best craic that money just cannot buy! We pride ourselves in the friendly welcome that greets all our customers, come in a stranger, leave as a friend for life! In our restaurant we serve everything from a light bite for lunch, to fresh lobster and langoustine from Strangford Lough, plus steaks, burgers, fish and chips, to name but a few of the dishes on our menus. One dish worth a mention is our famous, secret recipe, Seafood Chowder. We are a family friendly establishment, and if you have any dietary requirements, we will do our utmost to accommodate them. We are also able to provide a venue that is perfect for family celebrations, Christenings, private parties etc. Restaurant Opening Hours: Mon-Thurs Midday-3pm/ 5pm-8.30pm, Fri-Sat Midday-9pm/ Sun Midday-8pm
Killyleagh, United Kingdom
“The Duff, Killyleagh”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This place is brill for the criac, the grub, the music. The staff are brilliant and always give the service your would expect. Not posh and sophisticated, a great country pub.

Visited April 2012

Wales
“A plateful off quality”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

The range of food was excellent and the quality superb. Service was prompt and friendly. The seafood chowder comes in two sizes small (big) and large (massive). It's a tradition for me to eat chowder at least once on every trip to Ireland and I was not disappointed with their dish. The prawns in the Pea and Prawn Linguini were cooked to perfection and melted in the mouth. The seafood risotto was a gem and the shellfish stocks must have been hammered for just one serving...

All in all I wish I could eat there at least once a week!

Visited April 2012
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Warm and Welcoming”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Everything you would expect and Ulster Inn to be - homely, cosy and warm!

Staff were pleasant and could not do enough to help.

Food was delicious adn chef was willing to adjust the dish to suit our party.

Would definitely recommend!

• Visited April 2012
Dundee, UK
“Little Gem, hearty food, cosy atmosphere - great value”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We stumbled across this pub whilst looking for somewhere to have lunch whilst out exploring Strangford Loch. We weren't sure what to expect on arrival, but we got a warm welcome, prompt service and the food was lovely. I ordered mussels, I got a large plate with plenty of bread and they were really fresh in a lovely creamy white wine sauce. Mr. M. went for the seafood chowder which he throughly enjoyed. We both waddled out throughly satisfied. Both meals were under a tenner and really good value, we will def, come here again if in the area. Extra points for the lovely pink paint job on the outside of the pub!

• Visited December 2011
Killyleagh, United Kingdom
“"The Duff"”
Reviewed 22 November 2011

This is my adopted local.
After moving to the area in 2010 we visited the Dufferin Arms for a meal and have returned almost weekly ever since. We are not pub people but enjoy a meal out quite often, and his village local offers brilliant, honest local food without all the restaurantey nonsense a lot of establishments impose in an attempt to make a name for themselves.
The staff are brilliant too, and show a genuine interest in you as a person, not a customer. The experience is genuinely "home from home" without the dish washing and clearing up!
Nothing is too much trouble, and, when asked on one occasion if there was anything else I would like I jokingly asked for peanut butter, to be told they had none (fair enough, I was having a chicken dish, and it was a joke), but on my next visit mid way brought my meal guess what was delivered to my table?
Brilliant!