Sea View Hotel
Keoja Hotel(Kuala Belait)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$87
Garden Sentral Hotel(Kuala Belait)
US$84
Swiss Hotel Apartment(Kuala Belait)
US$65
US$91
US$88
US$15
TripAdvisor
Plaza Sutera Biru(Kuala Belait)
Riviera Hotel(Kuala Belait)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsa small swimming poolservice apartmentssand flieshelpful staffair consellingkitchenkettlesleepseriabusiness
Reviewed 22 February 2013

at this hotel our company is having 3 service apartments, so when i came for job purpose i used to stay at this hotel, one main hall, kitchen, 2 bed rooms, 2 bathrooms (one is attached to the master bedroom). fully conditioned hall. kitchen is available with the required utensils. very nice staff, helps at any time. but access cards some times tests patience. they will provide brush, comb,soap, shampoo, laundry will be collected before 9am, u will get a free breakfast coupon which can exchange either charcoal or at coffee bean.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Maridiraju
Reviewed 6 February 2013

To be honest, I would stay at the Sea View Hotel again, but, if something else in Kuala Belait was available, I might look there for something a little more fresh. Actually, we did drive around KB to check out other options, yet most others were full and one or two were exorbitantly overpriced.

Overall, this hotel is fine--although it is aging, somewhat (perhaps if you squint your eyes a trifle) gracefully, and as I have said in other reviews of hotels in Brunei, my perspective about overnight stays while traveling has a foundation in opting for $10US/night basic backpacker rooms or hostels for many years, i.e., I can stay in a lot of places most of my friends cannot. Now with a family and a bit older, I am looking for something, well, better. As far as the Sea View then goes, it is on the lower end of my "acceptable" options for a night or two, yet still doable. We found the room to be clean enough, though if a cracker fell on the floor, I would take it away from my kids before eating it, indeed. Otherwise, there were no major qualms about the room that I can recall two weeks later, but I would recommend paying a tad more to opt for the seaside rooms. Ours overlooked the front parking lot and cemetery across the street; however, the reality is that we were barely in our room for the two days, so it really doesn't matter all in all.

We found the front desk staff to be helpful, the bell hops friendly. The biggest let down was that one of the two breakfast options (either in the attached Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf or in the restaurant one doorway away). The first morning we selected the restaurant, yet the selections were minimal, what was on offer was bland, and the ambience was missing. Thankfully, there was a choice, and the second morning found us at the CBTL, where the breakfast sandwiches were better than the day prior's meal, although nothing to truly write home about.

We used the Sea View pool two afternoons in a row. This itself won't win awards any time soon, but it was clean, cool, and refreshing enough. Our focus was on our kids, who loved it, but I periodically looked around to visually explore how some of the surrounding furniture, walls and floors were in need of a good scrubbing or flat out replacement. The pool area overall could use a facelift, but the pool itself served its purpose.

Finally, there was the beach. After swimming on our first afternoon, we decided to walk out to the beach since the sun was soon to set. There, we witnessed countless plastic bottles and other beached flotsam. Absolutely disappointed we all were. Sad to see and sad to know that both Brunei and the Sea View itself should do something about it. If Brunei, in general, wants to attract more tourist, and if the hotel, specifically, wants to offer a bigger draw, then clean up the beaches! Absolutely a must!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank itcho_ittan
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Hotel is getting a bit old. Great staff. Pool nice. Breakfast great as you get a voucher for coffee bean. Mind out for the sand flies on the beach. Room is comfortable and ac is good. Overall a good place to stay

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Checked into the hotel after a lengthy long haul flight from London, reception was big and airy and air conditioned, which was nice as it was 32 degrees outside and the humidity was through the roof!! The check in process was painless and the staff very friendly. Your bags were taken to your room by the bell boy.
Big disappointment with my first room, I'm a non-smoker and the policy for the hotel is no smoking inside the building, however smokers had opened the window to smoke and used the small balcony as a dumping ground for the ends, the pile was quite substantial and the air con in the room was dragging the smell in from outside. A quick visit to reception got me a different room and also one with a sea view. Very nice, basic but nice, comfortable bed, bathrooms are a bit dated but functional, there are the usual extras in the rooms including a fridge, a TV, internet (although this was very patchy and didnt work for 2 days), kettle and hair dryer.
Breakfast is included in the cost of the room, but as luck would have it the restaurant and kitchen were closed for total refurbishment, you can get a breakfast but it's very basic, the same went for evening meals, which due to the work being carried were limited on what was available but were cheap but very tasty.
We decided to try a few local eating houses whilst in Brunei and couldn’t get over how cheap it was to eat out, a meal at a Chinese Restaurant in nearby Seria cost a mere £4 and at another place we tried a plate of Seafood Singapore noodles, 2 cups of cappuccino and a slice of blueberry cheesecake, came in at a very hefty £6, unbelievably cheap!!
As a Muslim country you cannot obtain alcohol, so if you want to drink you have to bring it with you, although I heard a rumour that some hotels in the capital are selling wine with food although I cannot substantiate that claim. Also even though it is primarily a Muslim country there is no single faith, people are expected to respect individual faiths whatever they may be.
As the trip was work related I'm not permitted to divulge in what I do, but I can say that this was the first time ever in the country and it was quite an experience, one worth repeating.
The heat took a bit of getting used to but after a few days it felt comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank MoDTeamLeader
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I have checked in to a 2br apartment here for a month and really enjoying listening to the waves crash on the shore everyday, I sleep so well at night because of this.
The hotel itself lacks maintenance but I see they are upgrading rooms, so once that's done it will be great. There is a small swimming pool and a gym, but the gear is very old.
They are constructing two new restaurants ( coffee bean and a grill ) but there is a good Chinese style resto next door. There are two supermarkets in the complex and ATM's.
The staff are very nice and friendly and room is cleaned daily.
The internet connection is very good, what I need for business.
I suggest having a car if staying here, as the best restaurants are a 5 min drive away in town.

Room Tip: Beach front apartment is the go
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business