“Short break”

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Ko Lipe
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Short break”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel and d staff was very much warm hospitality. Tat why i willing spend money enjoy at Thailand than Malaysia.
Nice location, so pretty.
Bits expensive but worthy.
Not much complaint, just need have regular cleaning on the pool

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Taking on the advice of someone I met on Koh Lipe 2 years ago, I tried Koh Lipe during the low season where everything is just that quieter. Bad idea. June, in the middle of the raining season, visiting any islands in Thailand will be pure gamble. Yes, the rain did not pour 24x7, but unfortunately the wind and waves did. The southerly blew for a continued 3 days while I was there, spoiling my chance of snorkeling near Koh Lipe's eastern shores where Idyllic Resort is located. Only on my final day of return, did the wind recourse to blow from the southwest leaving the eastern shores in good calm. Nevertheless, on the 4 nights I was there, I protested by going into the water because I just need to be. It was a tumble of stretched arms and legs, backside in the air sometimes. I quickly retreated back to the hotel pool obediently and watch the sea instead, eliminating the risk of kissing sea urchins with my face.

Sunrise beach was not as crowded as in October of 2012 while I was there. As the wind in low season will blow mostly from southwest, Pattaya took the full force of her battling. The sea over there was way too violent compared to the already rolling waves of the eastern shores. There were no boats moored at Pattaya, they had all moved over to Sunrise beach where this resort is. As the gust came most of the time from southwest blocked by the island, waves were somewhat gentle front of this resort. But it still stirred up sand reducing the water visibility much. Close to shore, it was like snorkeling in white sandstorm.

During this low season. everything was cocooned in an off peak mood which included the savory of Koh Lipe. Restaurants along the beach where Idyllic was were not operating at full force. Many that still operated lacked variety as large selection of items on the menu were temporary made not available. Best meal I had on Sunrise Beach came from Idyllic as such. Surprisingly, this resort upheld her standards, the food was great, the live lobster that went for 1800 Baht per kg was grilled to perfection and the Cream of Mushroom was tasty on the palate and thick to my liking.

Was it the season in particular or was it pest population boom? Cockroaches, they invaded our room. I never did had a pest problem last time I was there at Idyllic resort. One morning, I found an unfortunate bloke who drowned in the leftover instant cup noodle out the balcony, the other day one died next to my shoe for unknown reasons. And one fine scary night, one was terrorizing us by flying all over our room and we in panic called for DDT to be sent from the reception. Only it never came in time to ease our fear of the winged devil smacking into our faces. We engaged that cat which was always out front of our corridor. Without his consent of any meow, we seized him in the middle of his gentleman area licking routine and let him loose where the roach landed. Cat turned attention from gentleman things to roach in an instant as roach scurried on the tiled floor. Cat 1, roach 0.

This trip, I had picked to stay in i-Luxury rooms. It was huge, and spotted a very large bath tub in the middle of the living room to my liking. Water filled quick, and there was no problem with heating. Wanted to watch DVD movies borrowed from their library when soaking in relaxation but it was a challenge just to get the retarded remote control to control the player. After that, I realized I needed the acoustic sensitivity of a bat in order to listen to what was showing. Even with volume at full on both TV and DVD player, I could hardly hear what was going on. I switched DVDs on the thought that it could be a bad disc. But no, it was just that DVD player, bad bad strange branded player.

The trip came to a close sooner than we thought. Time flies when one enjoys. During low season, scheduled trips back to mainland was limited to one early 9 am departure. There will be days when there could be 2 but that was scarce. Staying in Idyllic during the low season had its pros. The sea was gentler compared to the other side and it was definitely more peaceful away from crowds. As snorkeling in waters with bad visibility churned by the frequent storms was not my idea of fun, most of my time was spent in the still murky pool. I had thought that the pool water would have improved compared to 2 years ago when I was there, but no. Overall, my stay was still pleasant, Idyllic will remain the best resort on Sunrise in my book. I never stay twice in the same place unless it's really a resort I enjoy.

Room Tip: If you want a big room for a good price, i-Luxury.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kings L
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Very enjoyable and comfortable, nice and clean rooms,n hospitable staff, good food in every restaurants great and happy Very satisfying We had an excellent stay at this hotel great location and service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank foodussa
France Lynch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

this is a resort I will recommend to friends and family for the rest, I have been ever travel a lot and stay at some fantastic 5 star hotels. this is the best hotel I have ever stayed at and they should be proud the best staff I have ever been Fantastic customers service and good view front on the beach The rooms are beautiful and very clean this hotel different from others I've stayed I think i will be here again and advice you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mina S
Indonesia
Reviewed 28 June 2014

What more can l say? lt was a perfect time and we stayed for 3 night at The ldyllic resort.The hotel is a wonderful place!!! . l had l-pano room,it was a great view ,spacious and very clean, lovely architecturaldesign,it was so amazing and beautiful.And l was super impressed by the attentive service of the staff.The food was truly superb( The cove ) You would not be disappointed!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Chanel P
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 27 June 2014

A lot of places to stay on the island, but this is probably one of the nicest ones. Staff is very friendly, food is good, rooms are modern and clean. What more do you want? Good beach to go for a stroll and a dive shop just 2 mins away.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Swissguy011
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 27 June 2014

After KL, we went to Ko lipe, this was the our first time to Ko lipe...So we like to say thank to The idyllic resort for our holidays trip , we have had well. We had a superb room it was quiet and great view. The restaurant was very nice (The cove), No complaint about our meals. The staff was very friendly and extremely caring about the guest... Definitely to stay agian!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family