Lowest prices for your stay
US$116
Expedia.comUS$114
eDreamsUS$116
TravelocityUS$114
1,156 results
All reviews luxury room sunrise beach walking street swim up bar the general manager hotel is great pattaya beach rain shower roti low tide garden view long tail danny von sea island resort
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 May 2010

It's an absolutely fantastic place to stay and highly recommendable! Staff (especially Nim and Ohn who speak fluent English!) are extremely friendly and helpful, who had put a lot of effort into making our stay a pleasant one! Food is fantastic and the bungalows are with sea view, very clean and modern with all amenities! It's located at the end of a beach strip with the reef right in front of the hotel for snorkeling. The hotel is luxurious compared to other locations on the island and the preferred beach too if you like it quiet.
Yet stray dogs that don't seem to have a home and stayed at the hotel beach (3 females had 13 puppies!) which we kept feeding! Dog/cat food cannot be bought on the island - so for those traveling: take some with you if possible!!! Otherwise you start sharing your Tom Yum Soup - believe me!!!
We continued to Langkawi (a lot more touristy, water is not that clear and people not as friendly!) We certainly recommend Koh Lipe instead if you like nature, people and good food!

Date of stay: May 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2010

I stayed for one week at the resort and I can honestly say, after having been to Thailand for more than 20 years and sampled many Thai run hotels, I that this is the best Thai run resort that I have come across to date.

I am not going to comment on the quality of the rooms or the food, location etc because all the previous reports say it all. As I come from a hotel owning family (although I am not a hotelier myself), I am rather going to comment on the "unseen" things which can be useful for travellers to know about the hotel.

1) The owner

The owner is a Thai gentleman of about 35 who went to a very good hotel school in Thailand and you can see it. He speaks limited English but understands it quite well.

Quite extraordinarily for a Thai national not only does he own the hotel, but he is also its general manager and he runs it in a pretty efficient way even by European standards. His eyes are always roaming around to see if there is a problem. He has the typical love of things well done of a hotel owner-manager. My father did and was exactly the same !!

He is helped by his sister who oversees the kitchen and by a really first class young Thai chef who is proficient not only in very good Thai food but also in excellent European food. I actually visited the kitchen, on the quiet, when it was empty one evening very late (the only member of the staff present was cleaning up the bar area and I can honestly say that the kitchen was well organized, clean and had all the trademarks of a well run operation.

His mother helps him out with the administrative paperwork and his partner Nissy does all the public relations, booking and financial work (bank accounts, invoices, reservations and the like). She speaks absolutely fluent English and she was in the resort during my stay as it was during the Thai Water Festival and the hotel was fully booked out.

She was most helpful at the booking and reservation stage which went without a glitch. I had a problem when I arrived at Hat Yai Airport because the travel agency in Pakbara which the hotel uses had forgotten to pick me up. She apologized for this although it was not her fault, immediately arranged over the telephone with a taxi to bring us to Pakbara and the hotel picked up the cost of THB 2000 as I had already paid THB 1200 to the Resort for the 2 way trip from Hat Yai to Pakbara return.

2) The staff

The staff was always smiling and ready to help and worked well in my opinion. They were quite well trained even if on 5 or 6 occasions I told some of them how to improve on doing something they were doing. I did so very nicely and I always explained to them the reason for doing it this way. They always accepted this with a big smile and very gracefully and actually put into practice systematically what I told them. This again is not necessarily the norm in Thailand because Thai people can be offended very quickly if they think that you are criticizing what they are doing.

Also when there was a problem, they resolved it.

Example: one morning the toilet no longer flushed properly because, as it is a septic tank system, someone must have put paper which partially blocked the pipes. I told Nissy about this and the owner came himself almost immediately with one of his staff and the problem was effectively solved in 15 minutes!!! Even in Europe, you don't get to have problems of that nature in a hotel solved that fast!

3) Hotel service

One must remember that on Koh Lipe every resort has to generate its own electricity and organize its own water supply as there is absolutely no infrastructure.

The resort generates and runs its own electricity for 24 hours non stop. It is only one of the 6 or 7 resorts of the island which have such a facility. It also has its own well and attached water-pumping station and water-distribution network. The owner had to build all this himself and he has to maintain it at his own cost because there are absolutely no utilities on the island.

If one takes this into account, it is all the more remarkable that clean sheets and towels were provided absolutely every day and even twice a day for towels if required.

Internet is low (because is it is received by satellite signal) but the signal is reliable and I had no problems working with email and Internet very day during my week's stay. An access card can be purchased for THB 500 from the Resort and it will give 3 hours of continuous (or discontinuous if so wished with multiple logins and logouts) Internet access.

All in all, the hotel service was really friendly, good, efficient and well organized.

4) Price and value for money

If you look at prices in an uninformed way, they can seem somewhat high for Thailand, although I have paid the same or even more in bad Thai run hotel chains.

If you take into account that a) the resort has had to create and pay for the maintenance of its whole electricity and water system, b) that everything, up to the last nut and bolt, must be imported from the mainland, first on a speedboat and then on a longtail boat (the mainland is 70 kms away), any professional will see immediately that the resort has much higher fixed costs than a normal resort enjoying normal utilities and supplies. Hence the fact that the prices can seem somewhat high, but for me they are fully justified.

5) Conclusion

I can most warmly recommend this resort. Holiday makers will spend a wonderful time in a wonderful set of islands andin what I consider to be a very good Thai run resort in view of what I have described.

Date of stay: April 2010
2  Thank PBO3047
Reviewed 19 April 2010

Idyllic resort a beautiful place on earth!

Nice quite small bungalows with a different unique design.
However, it gave space for two adults and two children!
Great view and wonderful staff who makes a warm and friendly
atmosphere in a natural way.
All staff speaks good english. The kitchen offers delicious and very well cooked food.
Breakfast is fresh and with very good coffee with freshly ground coffee beans!
Bacon & egg omellet, etc. are also available at breakfast.
The pool is well maintained and appropriate and on the beach there is comfortable
sunbeds with beachtowels.
We was here for our second time and hope to come back again.
It´s a litte bit dark on this side of the island so bring your flashlight with you.
Idyllic= a nice stay in Lipeh!

/fam Lewander

Date of stay: April 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lyckeboresa
Reviewed 29 March 2010

I recently had the opportunity to stay at Idyllic Concept Resort and to put into words my time there would not do justice to the experience that I had.
Although I was only booked in for 3 nights I did managed to extend this by another night. I regret having had to leave.
From the pick up at the drop off point for the fast ferry to the greeting on arrival and during the entirety of my stay the friendliness and professionalism of the staff was second to none. Hard not to be happy when living in a little slice of paradise!
The resort itself is situated on sunrise beach at the quiet end of the island and while surrounded by a number of locals this only added to the appeal and ambience for me. The island is doted with a number of resorts and can hum with the number of visitors, Idyllics position allows its guest to enjoy the chance to relax in peace and quiet.
I stayed in a iGarden villa and this was more than adequate for my needs, why hide away in your room when there is so much to see and do- snorkelling, sun baking, relaxing, kayaking and diving a must. Even practising my fractured Thai on the ever tolerant and obliging staff.
Food! We all need it and my only wish is that I ate more during my stay. The food was divine and my compliments to the Chef. Thank you for catering to my whims.
I would definitly recommend this resort to other travellers who are looking to relax and wishing to feel as if they are at home- even if it does mean that it is harder for me to make a return visit.
Khawpkhun maak khrup!

Date of stay: March 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2010

As many other reviews we are very satisfied with our time at Idyllic. We spent 4nights at this both modern, comfortable and cosy hotell. The staff have a great portion of making the atmosphere so nice, joking in a friendly way. They speak very good english and were service-minded. They booked our ferry- tickets back to Phuket for example.
The rooms aren´t that big, but convenient and cozy. Not much was bad here, only one thing was a bit irritating, there were not enough with sun-beds.
The location on Sunrise beach is very nice, with the beautiful sunrise and the the little island just outside. We recommend the snorkling just outside the hotel, the beach is quiet.
The local lives just beside the hotel and on the way to Pattaya beach and the marketstreet you will pass several habitation with the locals. You don´t live isolated on Koh Lipe, and that´s a nice thing I think. That includes that dogs, ducks, cats etc sometimes come very near you, even at Idyllic pretty often dogs came around.
As mentioned before here; take a pocket torch with you, it is dark on the path through the jungle.
The breakfast was very good, we appreciated specially the friuts. But another tea than Liptons teabags had been good! The food on the restaurant was good and tasty, a bit more expensive than on the other restaurants on the beach.

Date of stay: January 2010