Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
AntonioGP_13
Falmouth, United Kingdom

A welcome haven

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 Feb 2013
Let's be honest, you don't want to spend a lot of time in your hotel room when you are on a tropical island. We moved into this hotel from a bamboo hut somewhere else on the island and it was a fantastic relief. the room was clean, cool and there were no bugs to be seen. Yes, it was a bit small (we stayed in a Capucciono room) but so is the whole island. However, we found it a very comfortable, quiet retreat to have a rest from the sun and the cocktails. Breakfast was not included but the coffe and pastries at the bakery are really good, and there are plenty of options nearby too. staff is very helpful and friendly. The wi-fi did not work due to stormy weather, i think. It's located right in the middle of the island, so it's easy to go anywhere. Very nice.
Date of stay: December 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    £46
  • Trip.com
0.6 miles from Harmony Bed and Bakery
View more hotels in Ko Lipe
All reviews walking street fresh towels air conditioning comfortable bed place to stay tv wifi
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 February 2013

We have stayed on Lipe a number of times before and decided to try the Harmony Bed and Bakery which is part of the Bundaya group. It isn't on the beach but in a way that's good - all the beaches are easy to get to and staying here you're pretty central, so have easy access to shops, bars, etc. We were going to Sunrise beach during the day then to Pattaya in the evenings to meet friends and eat and drink. We were first given a ground floor room on the corridor, which felt like a prison cell, so we had a chat with the reception staff and were moved up to the first floor which was much better. The Cappuccino rooms are simple, but adequate, with aircon, shower, double bed (firm but that's what I like), safe, TV and free WIFI. The rooms were cleaned every day - sheets and towels changed. The negatives - noise at night - there is a steel entrance gate which requires that you lift the retaining peg to open and close - most people can't work this out (what a world..) and so they just drag the gate open and closed, this happens a lot.

Room tip: Avoid ground floor corridor! If given one of these rooms ask to be moved.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Stayed here after 2 nights in Bundhaya, a resort owned by same owners. Harmony sent their motorbike to shuttle myself, wife and luggage. Took a short cut route which pass through locals' homes. Make sure you hold tight to the bike as the road is uneven.

Located nearer to Sunrise beach (5min walk) which is best beach in Lipe in my opinion. Has a bakery downstairs with air condition, as far as I know this is the most modern and clean looking eatery in Lipe. They are closed at night though. Access to Walking Street is just 50m away, in fact you can also walk to Sunset beach (avoid, not nice beach) from here. There is a pharmacy and sundry shop next door.
Can hear some live music at night (from my room). Not an issue as the music dies down close to midnight.

Check-in was fast. Things to ask for during check-in are water kettle (if you need one) and wifi passwords (plus point).

I stayed in a balcony room, which can dry clothes or enjoy a bottle of beer while observing the local life passby at the road below. Room is bright and looks clean. Water supply is worst than Bundhaya, could be due to rusty pipe and pressure is weaker too, my only complaint on otherwise a good place.
Mattress is firm and may not suit everyone. Using the safe can be a bit tricky as the instruction is not complete, ask for help if needed.

Good service at reception, informative and tries to help. Harmony shuttled me back to Pattaya Beach vide Walking street after checking out.

Will return next time.

Room tip: Avoid rooms without windows, go for rooms with balcony (more expensive but more airy and has better view), but if you are away from the room most of the time then nevermind.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

In a small island like this, when one is unwilling to pay a higher price for better accommodation, Harmony is quite alright.

Yes, it is a distance from the main beach, but it is just a 5 minutes walk from Sunrise Beach. Much first impression of the main entrance was good. It was not exceptional but it was done nice enough to greet new guests. The staff members were polite. There was even a welcoming drink offered. The room was clean. I did wish there were more places to hang my clothes in the bathroom. The water pressure was weak.

I was happy with the free WiFi as well as quietness of the location.

Date of stay: November 2012
Reviewed 13 January 2013

The only minus comes that the location is not on the bach. Could have stayed there even longer but having a familyroom alone is a bit high cost so I moved to the Sunrise Beach few minutes walk away.
Harmony was a very goog basic accommodation with big confortable beds, a/c, safe, big fridge, tv.
All very new, modernish style, clean and comfortable. Minimarket opposite the hotel, nice Mangotree bar to the right with looong happy hour 4-10 pm. Lots of restaurants and massage places minutes away. Familyroom is pretty large and has 2 double beds, was located in ground floor with entrance and view to the inside garden ( not much gardenlike). Easy to acces.

The arrival to the island seem to be a big hassle, ferries arrive to a ponton on the Pattaya Bay, longtail boats take you to the beach close to your hotel. The hotel is located on the walking street, and Closest beach to Harmony is actually Sunrise Beach but the boat will instruct you to the Pattaya Beach and there you stand with you luggage not knowning where to go dragging your luggage in the sand. Give the hotel a call and they'll send someone to pick you up (or st least yr lugage). There are motorbikes and golf carts for that purpose, no cars on this island.

Room tip: Easy to fill the fridge from opposite minimarket. You can hang your wet clothes outside drying in the sun.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Harmony wasn't my first choice of accommodation on Koh Lipe, but upon checking out my originally booked beachfront bungalow, which was very disappointing and crawling with insects, I ended up staying here for 3 nights.

I think I negotiated a little on the asking price and ended up paying around 1,200b/night at the start of high season. For the standard of the room, I thought this was rather expensive, but this seems to be the case for most of Koh Lipe, you get what you pay for and probably have to go over budget to stay somewhere decent. There was nothing really bad about the room, it just seemed a little dated and old. Whilst the bedroom was large, the bathroom was quite cramped. I had a TV but did not watch it. My window view was of a field which seemed to be used as a waste dumping area.

Ok, good points - the location, travelling on my own, I like to feel safe returning to my accommodation after dark. This was certainly the case as the hotel is located on one of the main streets not far from the main Walking street with many travel agencies, shops, cafes, restaurants and bars nearby. Yes it is a short walk to the beach, but this was not a problem and I liked being within a 10 minute walk of several of the island's beaches.

To summarise, there is nothing really bad about the hotel, it does have good points, I just felt it was expensive compared to the rest of Thailand.

Date of stay: November 2012