First, a review of the Island: very beautiful beaches and water, but as it's becoming more and more famous, it's in construction. Inside the island (behind the resorts), there is much rubbish and construction going on..and i understood the situation now is much better than in previous years. So go soon, before it's too packed.
About the resort:
- the manager is a French guy who was really helpful to all guests and really likes to have his resort clean and offering good service
- so the resort as it is now is very large (not crowded), large garden, nice beach, not so many boats in front of this resort
- nice breakfast included and the thai food at the restaurant is really good.(tip : try the green curry)
- room, bathroom and towels were clean (tip: they are not cleaned unless you request it, so every 2-3 days i would ask the manager to send to clean the room)
- with manager's help we booked a nice trip around the islands near koh lipe.
- there is a massage place, shower on the beach and bamboo huts to stay at the beach
- snorkel and vest free from reception
- good cakes (i tried only chocolate)
- there were a lot of ants in the room (normal for thailand) , but they were not bothering us, just do not let anything sweet unpacked in the room.
- a small closet in the room could be useful (besides the shelves)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wapi Resort is located in the middle of Sunrise Beach (Hat Chao Ley) on Koh Lipe, a small island in the South of the Thai Andaman Sea. It is conveniently located near the end of Walking Street.The resort is set in a mature Pine Tree garden, that provides shade and a gentle breeze throughout the day. Our beach faces East, allowing for amazing views of the sunrise.Wapi Resort is located in the middle of Sunrise Beach (Hat Chao Ley) on Koh Lipe, a small island in the South of the Thai Andaman Sea. It is conveniently located near the end of Walking Street.The resort is set in a mature Pine Tree garden, that provides shade and a gentle breeze throughout the day. Our beach faces East, allowing for amazing views of the sunrise.There are several great snorkel locations right off Sunrise Beach and around Koh Usen and Koh Kra, 2 small islands you can swim to that have lot's of cool stuff to see. Come and talk to us and we will point you in the right direction!We are a Thai / French family with over 10 years of experience on Koh Lipe, and we can provide you with all the help and information you will need for a perfect holiday on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Wapi Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.