“Truly Memorable Normandy Tour Experience!”

Review of D Day Tours B&B

The farmhouse kitchen
Sitting room
The Kingcome room - named after Brian Kingome a superb WWII Spitfire pilot
The Victorian room
The style of the bathrooms
Part of the greeting team - Saffron
Jaye and Saffron
Ben
Ben and his Spitfire
Ben not having a good afternoon - crashing the Spitfire!
The Cannon...
Firing the cannon - just your regular Sunday afternoon...
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
LauraS185
Olathe, Kansas
“Truly Memorable Normandy Tour Experience!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014

My husband and I loved our Normandy tour! This totally exceeded our expectations, and was a favorite part of our vacation. Ben and Jaye were very charmings hosts, and their restored chateau was quite beautiful. Jay is an excellent cook, and we enjoyed the dinners and wine in their country kitchen. A French breakfast with fresh croissants and home baked bread will never be forgotten :) The D Day tour was really amazing, Ben is quite a historian and has many first hand stories from neighbors and residents of the small towns, and some very interesting facts that he shares throughout the tour. It feels just like stepping back in time. And, what a beautiful area of France. Between the centuries old architecture and the beautiful greenery and flower gardens, this place is a piece of heaven. Highly recommend this D-Day tour and stay! Thanks, Ben & Jaye, for a truly memorable and unique experience! We highly recommend!

Liked best: Everything!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jack S
Basehor, Kansas
“Our D-Day Tour was fantastic!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Simply outstanding! That's how we describe our stay and tour with Ben & Jaye. There were six of us -- my wife, our older son, his wife, their two teenagers, and I. Ben & Jaye were the perfect hosts; we quickly felt at home. Jaye greeted us after each day's tour with drinks on the patio. Her meals were superb. Their manor was warm, welcoming, and full of artifacts and neat things. My son and his kids enjoyed bow shooting with Ben at the end of our second day. Ben is an outstanding tour guide who showed us a myriad of interesting sites and told the historical stories that provided the enriching explanations. His first evening orientation, the "then and now" photographs, and passion for history helped ensure it was a great tour. My son who had previously visited Normandy said Ben's tour was exceptional in comparison. My wife and I thought it the highlight of our stay in Europe!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The overall experience was priceless!
Liked least: Even the weather was great.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Dianne K
Yukon, Oklahoma
“If you go to Normandy - Stay here”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Going to Normandy was a "bucket list' thing for me. I found 'DDAY1944Tours' on the internet. I read the reviews, was impressed, and decided to book with the Trumble's. After we left Normandy, I felt like we won the lottery. Their 1550 French Manor was 'top shelf' plus Ben and Jaye's hospitality was second to none. The food and drink was, in a word, beyond compare. We took the two day tour, my only regret was they did not offer a 3 day tour. Ben, a Brit, has done his homework. He took us places the 'tours buses' don't go. I am forever grateful to Ben to fulfilling a lifelong dream of going where the world was saved.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: there was nothing we were displeased with , NOTHING!!!!!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
VA

Florida
Reviewed 25 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing