We spent a week at this garden club, me and my partner and 2 children age 4yrs and 2mths. First impression on arriving, the buildings seem fairly modern, although the cottages seemed a bit scruffy from the outside. The reception area was quite big and the staff were very helpful although their English weren't all that good. We arrived very early about 1pm but our check in time wasn't until 5pm, however our apartment was ready well before this time which was good! On entering our apartment in the Le Hameau block it was very clean and smelt fresh and the furniture was very modern. We had a 1 bed apartment - which had two very small single beds with co-ordinating bedding and in the lounge/kitchen diner there was a double sofa bed which when opened was very big but unfortunately the springs under the mattress were very creaky! There was plenty of crockery to go around and the kitchen came with dishwasher, microwave and hob-top and a tiny sink! Everything was spotlessly clean but there wasn't much space in the cupboards to store food so we use the space in the sideboard which the TV was on. TV was a very modern one and had a good sound but unfortunately only one English speaking channel which was CNN (such a shame)! Thankfully we carried our portable DVD/CD player and a selection of DVDs to watch! We had pre-booked the children's club for our 4yr old but she didn't atttend any of the sessions as they started at 9am and finished at 6.30pm which we thought was too much of an early start and late finish. The pools are just like they say in the brochures 10/10 for that...jet streams jacuzzi steam room sauna...fantastic! The mini shop is ok a bit small but it had the basics that we needed - we travelled out to another supermarket which was only about 5 miles away and it had a much greater selection! We also travelled to the nearest beach at Villers sur Mer - quite a large beach but the weather was a bit overcast and we didn't really enjoy it as much as we should. Also there is internet/Wifi access contrary to what the brochures and websites say - but you can only get it in the public areas or if you're lucky enough to have your room near to these areas! You're also able to park fairly close to the apartments and for the cottages you can literally park outside! There's a restaurant on site which we found rather pricey and also if you don't pay for your breakfast in advance when paying for your holiday - it's 10 euros per adult per day! I think that sums up all of the in's and out's of our stay at the Garden Club.....Would we stay there again? Probably!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Weather proof holiday village with heated aqua area and fantastic indoor play area Near to the beaches of Deauville, Cabourg and Villers-sur-Mer Children and teenage clubs for those aged 3 months to 18 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pierre & Vacances Village Normandy Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pierre And Vacances Resort Normandy Garden
- Pierre & Vacances Resort Normandy Garden Hotel Branville
- Pierre & Vacances Village Normandy Garden Branville