On a week long trip with my kids. I was hoping for a relaxing break with lots of activities to keep the kids entertained in a nice spot.
I think the concept is a good one, but I was personally expecting more for the cost.
- lovely location, great for day trips to honfleur, deauville, houlgate etc. Terrific beach at villers sur mer.
- good facilities on site, lovely big swimming complex and indoor centre with tennis courts and play area. Essential for poor weather which unfortunately we had!
- accomodation basic at best. I expected more for £750 for a week. 3 single beds in bedroom and not enough space to walk around them. I guess it is functional but nothing more than that. What was also frustrating was we were a drive away from anything, about 1km up a hill to the activities centre (although looks like you could spend more money (50 euro) to request somewhere closer to the facilities - but more on extras below.
- atmosphere / community. There is a bar / restaurant on site but on the 2 nights we went there no one else was in...for a single dad it would have been nice for an adult conversation!
- extras. I chose this holiday as I saw all the activities for the kids. Bearing in mind cost above, what I didn't expect was that EVERYTHING would cost more - and the prices seemed steep. Examples : wifi 20 euro per device (for comparison stayed in a 30 euro hotel in paris the day before and wifi free), hire of tennis courts 10 euro, pool games 20 euro etc. Arriving late and tired after a day at Disney, appreciate I could have paid for it, but frustrating to have to make our beds. Mid week clean, 20 euro...i guess you get the gist.
Would I stay here again - probably - but I would search harder for a genuinely activities inclusive holiday before I booked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Weather proof holiday village with heated aqua area and fantastic indoor play area Near to the beaches of Deauville, Cabourg and Villers-sur-Mer Children and teenage clubs for those aged 3 months to 18 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pierre & Vacances Village Club Normandy Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pierre And Vacances Resort Normandy Garden
- Pierre & Vacances Resort Normandy Garden Hotel Branville
- Pierre & Vacances Village Club Normandy Garden Branville