“A mixed view”

Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Manerbe, Normandy
“A mixed view”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I had a good lunch at this restaurant some time ago and took 2 friends there in October. It was a very quiet night with few diners and so not much atmosphere. I was pleased that there was no music which someone else saw as a drawback. I had a reasonable salad and an excellent hachis de canard. Dessert was not so good - a tart with a base which was too hard to enjoy. I would go there again but there are other restaurants in the town which I prefer.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Tony W

“Excellent food, friendly owner”
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend visted this lovely restaurant whilst visiting the region last week. we had an excellent 3 course meal for a reasonable price, and can fully recommend the fruits of the sea and chicken supreme.

Very friendly staff, lovely clean dining room and great food. The only negative for me (and of course this is very small) is there was no music, however there was a great atmosphere as itwas packed with the locals.

A must visit if your in town.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lee W
London, United Kingdom
“Very good”
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was excellent value. Three courses for two plus drinks €40! Very friendly service, in a nice setting. Each course was well presented and well cooked. You will get a good meal here!

• Visited August 2013
Bolton, England
“Very popular with locals”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We had one meal here and it was very good. They managed to meet the needs of one person with diabetes and one with a strict celiac diet, which is quite an achievement we've found in France, as it seems it's a country that doesn't understand these conditions well.
The manager/owner 's English wasn't very good, but with some French speaking in our party
we managed O.k. (and we were in a small town in France)!
It was a Saturday night, the place became packed, mainly with locals it seems, which is a good sign. The manager/owner appeared a little impatient, but was very busy.
The restaurant is out of the centre by a few 100 meters, but worth making the effort to get there, especially because in Pont L'Eveque in the evening it is very quiet with fewer places to eat than during the day.
Fair price (for France) for a two-course meal, cooked well,appetising and tasty.
Suggest booking, even if it's only 30 mins. before eating.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jamelyn
New York City, New York
“A great place to discover the real French food !”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Usually I don't post my feedback on internet, but this restaurant deserves it!
We were in Normandy to visit landing beaches and this beautiful region. We made a break in this charming town and stop by chance in this restaurant.
In few words : great place, quality food, nice and very helpful people.
I had chicken supreme with cheese dressing and my wife had the lamb shank, both were simply delicious and cooked very well.

We recommend this place to all our compatriots in vacation in this region.

• Visited April 2013