“One of the best takeaways I've had”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Memories of India

Memories of India
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Gorebridge
Price range: US$11 - US$35
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“One of the best takeaways I've had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Ordered two lamb dishes and a chicken dish to takeaway. All brilliant and very different from each other (some places make lots of the curries that taste too similar). I've also eaten in here a few times in the past and had similar experiences and the staff are great!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Pembee41

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Abysmal Customer Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Phoned tonight for a take away only to get the most rudest person on the other end of the phone. Told me he was too busy, tried to rush me which lead to him making many mistakes with my order. He then tried to correct me when I was give my address! I couldn't take his rudeness anymore and told him to forget it. Won't be using this place again and would advise other people to steer clear!

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Greig64
edinburgh
“Always Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Eat here and takeaway regular and can honestly say have never had a bad meal. The service is incredible which is down to Emdad and Callum - first class gentleman working to deliver the best attention you could wish for. Sad to read the last couple of reviews but having read others its great to see these are isolated comments. Someone who has eaten Indian food the length of Britain I can only recommend this fantastic restaurant. On summing up our opinion is that its the best Indian in the area for food, service and cost. Dont always believe what you read - try it yourself. In this case its well worth the visit!

• Visited April 2014
dalkeith
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Takeaway meal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Got a takeaway meal tonight... A LAMB bhuna and believe me the Lamb WASNT LAMB!!!!! IT was Spalebone... And yes my partnervknew the difference because he is a qualified chef!!!! My chicken bhuna was way too spicy for a bhuna.... And were given spiced onion and mango chutney BUT no poppadoms to dip into them!!!! Bit pointless if you as me.... Very expensive for the quality so will NOT be using again

• Visited April 2014
Prestonpans, United Kingdom
“Awful service and food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Service is poor here, the staff try their best but we had to wait quite a while for our food. My husband and I came in here for a nice celebratory meal (it was our anniversary) and we wanted a nice delicious Indian meal to mark the occasion. However this was ruined by the lack of service and food. My friends recommended this place to me but I don't even know why- I would never come back here again!

The food tastes awful, I couldn't stomach my curries, either too bland or too fragrant and didn't taste fresh. My samosas were absolutely dripping with fat and grease. Definitely not palatable and tasted cheap. Won't be back despite the nice decor.

• Visited February 2014