“Alba ballooning adventure”

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Alba ballooning adventure”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

After four or five cancellations due to weather conditions I didn't think I would ever fly but it was worth waiting for, we set off on a lovely clear day got some good photos and video footage our captain kept us well informed pointing out landmarks the day ended with a glass of champers= perfect :)

Visited July 2013
AlbaBallooning, Owner at Alba Ballooning, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Nikki. Thanks for the great feedback. I too get frustrated when flights get cancelled because of unsuitable weather but then when I'm up in the air over a stunning landscape and everyone's enjoying it with me too, then that makes up for all the recent prior cancellations and I feel most fortunate. Remember that we love to see any video footage on our Facebook page if you've got a FB account (and the inclination!).

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Breathtaking.”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I booked a balloon flight for my parents Christmas a few years ago with Alba Ballooning. On the night of their flight, we took them along and watched the flight from beginning to end and I was very impressed. I being afraid of heights thought I would never be able to do that but my husband said he would love it and so for his birthday I booked us a flight. On the days leading up to the flight I was really nervous but as soon as Peter started to talk us through the flight and we helped with setting up the balloon, I felt at ease. When the ballon took off and we were up in the sky, I was amazed at the breathtaking views and at how much I enjoyed it. It was one of the best experiences of my life and I now want my own balloon!! I may need to settle for another Alba balloon flight though.

Visited August 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review. Great to hear about the 'customer perspective' and background. Although it was a long time ago now (1985!), I still do remember my first balloon flight (in the Australian outback!) and recall wondering how safe it was going to be; but the pilot and experience was great and I got hooked!!!
Kinross, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Don't hesitate booking great experience from start to finish...my partner and I flew from Balado by Kinross and the scenery was amazing. Enjoyed getting to take part in preparing the ballon for take off. Good safety advice and small number of people in the basket. We booked following a recommendation from friends and felt we where in safe hands.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank JamieMacGough
Dear Jamie. Many thanks for taking the time to write such a glowing review. Pleased to hear that you had a great experience and the scenery from Balado is certainly stunning.